Chapter sixteen

Sonic and the others had made their way to Eggman's base within the Star Light dimension at this point, robots flying around and mining at the star platforms that floated through the air. Tails peaked over the wall they hid behind, glaring towards the boys before jumping out of hiding and tossing one of those ninja throwing things he modified.

The fox's weapon sliced through several badnicks, the rest turning towards the gang's hiding spot. Tails smirked, the weapon he sent out releasing a zap to temporarily shut them down. "Nice one, little bud!" Sonic said as he jumped into sight. "Heh, heh, thanks Sonic!" Tails smiled nervously. "Time to smash egghead out of this place." Knuckles growled.

★★★★

Amy led the attack for some reason, her, Knuckles, and Tails, all calling out orders. "These bots are annoying." Shadow mumbled with a growl as he fend them off. "On your left, Sonic!" Tails called out from above. Sonic ducked, causing the badnick that was charging at him to fall to the ground and trip on him. "Thanks, Tails!!" Sonic chirped with a thumbs up. 

As all of them fought Aster stood away from the action, his hands holding himself close. I'm not afraid. I can't be afraid. Not with Tails around. I'm fine! Everything's going to be fine! He thought quietly to himself.

"Aster!" The fox called out, making Asters ears perk up, "Let's get going!" Tails smile was large as he edged all of them to move past the robots in order to stop Eggman faster. Sonic smirked, "You guys move on, I'll keep these guys busy!" All of the rest nodding in agreement before running off.

Sonic turned to the badnicks. "Sooo, just us, huh?" The blue hedgehog asked, all the robots stopping in their tracks. "I know, I know." The hedgehog began, putting his hands out, "I'm sure you're not used to someone being nice, especially when it comes to your boss, I mean, come one! If you wanna talk about Eggman then I suggest you sit on down cus I have a lot to talk about.

The teen hero put his hand to his chin as he went on. "As a matter of fact, my good friend Amy once told me about a bunch of horrible things that pest does to his robot since she was once close with Metal. I'm sure you all would like a break, huh?" The robots looked at each other before back at Sonic who had disappeared.

"See ya, Eggheads!!" Sonic called out from down the hall as he met up with his friends again. "Hey guys!" The blue hedgehog smiled as he slowly stopped to a halt in front of his companions. "What took you so long, Sonic?" Blaze asked with a calm tone. "Eh, just had to distract them."

Sonic moved out of the way a bit, seeing Tails as he hacked into a door. "I'm almost through." The fox spoke, a smirk growing on Sonic's face. The door quickly opened up wide, the young fox standing up and running through while the others soon followed. 

"Egghead!!" Sonic called out as they ran into the large room onto the platform above most of it. The doctor stood in front of the container where Aster quickly spotted Mene and the other creature inside. Eggman jumped back, facing Sonic and his gang. "Blue rat! Long time no see. Not long enough I'm afraid." The doctor said with a glare.

"We don't have time for your banter." Shadow growled at Eggman and Sonic, "Whatever you've done to cause all this, Robotnik, we're going to stop it." "Unlikely, rat." Eggman spoke, a smug smirk appearing on his face. Sonic glare and spin dashed towards Eggman, his friends following and beginning to fight.

Amy threw her terror cards towards Eggman, one of his robots deflecting it and starting to charge at her. Rouge flew through the robot that charged Amy, using her body as a way to cut through it while the others fought as well. The blue hedgehog span around in a ball as he flung himself towards the mad doctor, his energy seemingly leaving him with each and every moment.

Robots grabbed Sonic before he could hit Robotnik, the badnicks holding him by the arms. "SONIC!!" Tails shouted before robots grabbed him as well. Within mere moments all of them were in the clutches of Eggman's robotic henchman. "Last time I let you go, this time you'll be permanently stripped of your powers and then killed!" The doctor laughed.

Sonic struggled in the robots' grasp, trying to run but his legs seemed to work against him. The blue hedgehog groaned in exhaustion, "I forgot our powers don't work here!" He said in frustration. The doctor laughed at them all as Aster tried to move towards his friends, but he too was trapped.

"None of you can stop me!" The doctor said between his evil laughter, "I will soon control all of Mobius, along with every other dimension! And you'll all be dead before you can see it!!!" "NOOOO!!!!" The young wolf pup shouted, clenching his eyes shut with rage as he pulled the robots towards him.

All anyone could see was a large cloud of dust, before it slowly settled. All of them quietly gasped, Tails' eyes going wider than the rest. The robots that held Aster back lay in pieces before their eyes, the young wolf's shoes floating above them. Aster's fur had gone from a gray to a window into space, stars twinkling beneath his black fur, if you could even call it that at this point.

The only thing normal was his clothes, even the chucks of stars on his head had disappeared. his eyes opened wide, a black abyss of hatred and rage glared at the doctor as a silent growl escaped the wolf's mouth. 

~-------------------------------------~

Please vote and comment your thoughts and feedback.

~-------------------------------------~