SURPRISE

We all slowly put our hands up to the sky. My brother and I could make all their hearts explode, but that would expose our species and cause chaos on earth.

Although there were three gunmen pointing guns at us, my focus stayed on Jesse and his two men.

"Where's the safe?"

"What safe?" Bellamy answered.

He was hit with the butt of the AK. My rage grew, seeing the blood leak from his mouth. My brother got up and stood in front of the painting where the safe was located.

My eyes went back to Jesse and his two men. One of the gunmen stared at one of Jesse's men. I waited a few seconds, and his eyes shifted back and forth to the left, and the gunmen began searching the desk drawers.

They're in on it.

Bellamy quickly turned, grabbing the AK from the other gunmen's hands. I pulled my weapon, hitting one target in the neck and the other in the forehead.

The gunman at the painting neck was snapped by my brother. Jesse and his men sighed in relief.

"Bravo! Quick thinking, Batista...that was a close call."

Jesse and his men stood up.

POP! POP!

I dropped his two guys, and his eyes widened.

"What the fuck was that for?!" He asked in a yell.

"You were in on it."

"What? That's fucking insane! Why would I do that when I came to talk business with you two?"

"This is too much to be a coincidence. This ambush just so happens when you're here?"

"I would never do that! I'm here to make an ally."

POP!

My brother hit the wall holding his chest, blood slowly seeped through his shirt. One of Jesse's men was still alive, struggling to keep his gun lifted off the floor. I aimed for his head this time.

"How the tables have turned."

It only took a second to take my eyes off Cardone, and now his gun is pointed at me.

***

I was having a good time tonight at Dose. Great music playing while dancing with Amin. Free unlimited appetizers and delicious drinks, this was the life.

After 20 minutes, I had this eerie feeling. Something felt off, and as I looked out into the crowd, it was like things were moving in slow motion.

Sitting back, I felt something in the crease of the lounge chair. It was a gun.

"This has to be Bellamy's."

Being married to someone in the military before, guns didn't scare me...shooting them did. I felt an ice-cold chill around me. It gave me goosebumps. In the distance, there was a very tall dark figure with no face or features.

"What the hell..."

My eyes began to squint, thinking that'll help me get a better look. Every time I would blink, the shadow would be a little closer. Now I was freaked out.

"Hey, you want another drink?"

The bartender broke me out of my stare. "No, I'm good."

My eyes went back to the dancefloor, and the shadow was gone. The girl sat down, talking to me like we were good friends.

"How long have you and Amin been talking?"

"Who are you?"

"Oh my bad...I'm Bella. Bellamy and Amin are like family."

I didn't answer her question. She continued to talk.

"I've known them since I was a kid. I've been working here for over five years."

She took out a small blue item. It looked like it could be a small box of candy.

"You want one?" Bella held a black pill.

"No, thank you."

I watched her take two pills, then take a sip of the water from the bottle she carried.

"You look worried." She smiled.

"That is a drug you just took, right?"

"Yeah, but it's a party drug. It's not strong like coke or anything crazy like that. It just makes you feel really fucking good with little to no side effects."

"Oh.."

"I'm surprised you never heard of Posesión."

"I don't really party like that."

"Yeah, but your boyfriend sells it."

My eyes widened. " What?"

"Wait...you didn't know you mess with a drug dealer?"

I looked away, feeling dumb. I assumed their businesses and nightclubs made them rich.

"It's not a big deal...shit, their father is the biggest cocaine dealer in the state."

I felt something touch my shoulder, causing me to jump. Then I remembered the shadow figure I saw in the crowd.

"Bella, I have to go."

I hurried out of VIP with the gun hiding behind my purse. The 2nd floor was in my sights when the shadow figure appeared down the hall to the restrooms.

"Oh shit."

I knew Amin and Bellamy were having a meeting, but I was too afraid to not be around them.

The door was slightly opened, and it looked like the door latch was broken. Through the cracks, I saw the man pointing his gun at Amin.

I squeezed the gun in my hand. The balls I mustered up came from out of nowhere. I opened the door, aimed and shot. My two fingers squeezed three times.

My eyes met Amin's then I saw Bellamy standing up. His hand covered his bloody chest, but he didn't seem to be in pain.

"You've been shot." I still held the gun pointed.

Bellamy pulled the bullet from his wound with his two fingers. "I'm fine."

I didn't realize how loud the music in the club was until now. There were three other bodies lying around. The man I shot laid lifeless on the floor, too.

"Oh my God...I killed him, I killed him. I'm going to jail."

My hands began to shake. I felt a panic attack rising.

"Baby, calm down..." Bellamy gently took the gun out of my hand.

Amin pulled me into a hug, and I sobbed into his arms. Not only are my boyfriends drug dealers....I just committed murder.