BROTHERS

It was production day for my product. It's called Posesión (possession) and is very popular on the club and nightlife scene.

My brother Amin and I didn't want to follow family tradition with being in the cocaine business. We wanted to make our own money and put our chemistry degrees to great use.

We created our own party drug that took the streets by storm, making us multi-millionaires within months. It's been five years, and business is still booming.

We made sure to start small but with popular influencers. The buzz slowly spread, and the demand was astonishing.

Some say Posesión is like Ecstasy and Ritalin together but more pleasurable side effects. Posesión makes you chase that first high over and over again, making you want more...hence making you buy more.

My product isn't detectable, and you can pass a drug test with flying colors while on it. And that is definitely great for business.

"Aye Bell, it's Talik."

My day one, Swatch passed me the phone.

"What's up, cousin?"

"Yo, Bellamy! The bitch that stole that pack from me is in Charms right now."

"You see her?"

"Looking dead at her..."

"Alright, I'm on my way."

My cousin has an addiction...women. He tends to bring random girls to his place which I told him not to. The last little party he had he got took for $20,000 in cash and a pack of my product that was worth another thirty grand.

I went to the lower level of our estate where the gym was located. Amin was in the ring boxing.

My brother was a year younger than me. We've always been close and ran these streets together since we were kids. Our father, Brandos Batista, made a name for himself along with his siblings.

They owned many businesses that created wealth through generations. My aunts and uncles did alot for the community, always remaining humble, looking out for the less fortunate.

Yeah, they were part of some grimey shit but the majority of the wealthy and powerful are. You just have to be smart and move in silence. That's how the wealthy stay wealthy.

"Ay, I'm heading out. El ladron (the thief) was spotted."

Amin smiled then got out of the ring. "10 minutes."

I gave him a nod and waited.

With me riding in the SUV and Amin speeding ahead of us, this was going to be a quick catch and release.

"Pull up to the side of the building."

Charms was crowded outside as it was inside. I called Talik to get some sights on the girl.

"I'm at the parking lot. Her and her friends are leaving now. It's four women, they're parked next to each other in the front row. Two in a white Maxima, the other two in a black Altima."

I hung up. "Go to the parking lot."

***

My brother pulled off from the side of the building into the parking lot. I followed with my windows rolled down.

"Hey, Zaddy."

"Damn, can I go with you?"

Groups of women catcalled towards the car. Of course, Dino, my passenger, couldn't just ignore it.

"What's up, Mami?"

Suddenly, the SUV sped up, blocking two cars. I pulled up behind it. When we got out, an appealing scent made me close my eyes and deeply inhale. As soon as they opened, my sights were on a black Altima.

We all got out of the car while four sets of eyes stared at us in fear through their windshields.

"Batista brothers."

"Oh shit!"

A few people began to talk, then quickly left from around us. I wanted to see the person who was brave enough to steal from my crazy cousin, Talik.

I looked at my brother, and he inhaled like he could smell something in the air.

Did you notice the scent?

Yeah, it's faint.. but smells really good.

"That's her right there...." My cousin announced.

"Get out of the car...All of you."

Bellamy stood waiting, and one by one, the women got out.

"Didn't think you'd see me again, huh?" Talik said with a smirk.

Everyone's eyes were on the woman my cousin was talking to, but me and my brother's eyes were on someone else.

"I don't know who you are," the woman lied.

Bellamy stood in front of the black Altima, where the woman we stared at was on the passenger side.

"Yeah, you must not have known since you stole from me," Talik said.

"I didn't fucking steal from you!"

Bellamy now put his focus on the thief.

"What's your name?"

"Lisa."

He chuckled. "You just keep lying...why, Dawn?"

All the women's eyes widened at Bellamy, and I smiled. He displays his abilities ever so often.

"Girl, what the fuck did you do?!" Her friend on the passenger side asked.

"Were you not listening?...Your friend stole from me."

"What the fuck, Dawn!"

The driver of the Altima yelled while her beautiful passenger remained silent. My eyes seemed to trail back to her while everyone else was talking.

"What's your name?" I asked the pretty skin one. I had to know.

"Es-Essence."

My brother walked over and stood next to me. I know he could sense her energy too.

That scent belongs to her?

Absolutely...

Damn and she's really pretty.

I smiled at my brother's words. He walked back over to the white Maxima.

"Well, ladies... thanks to your friend, we're all going for a ride.

"What?!"

"No!"

"We didn't do anything!"

"You all should've picked a better friend."

Without warning, Essence and the driver of the Altima took off running. Their heels were left behind. I looked at my brother.

"I got this one... this should be fun."