𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒 ◎ 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞.•°

'Edited'

Author's pov

"I'm really sorry, but I don't love you." She replied to his earlier statement in a soft but sad tone. She didn't want to hurt him because she always thinks of her as a curse, which has destroyed many lives already; she didn't want to destroy more.

"I don't love you at all." She added with a little sad tone and looked up to see his angry expression, which she anticipated, but there's nothing like that.

His face was blank for a few seconds or so, but later a small smile made its way onto his beautiful face. He may have felt a little hurt by her words, but he decided to avoid them because they had been together for a few days.

"it's all alright, love. I love you enough for both of us." He confessed wholeheartedly, and some tears filled her eyes, but she didn't want to let them flow; she captured them in her black doe eyes, and she just nodded while smiling a little.

"And love is not something that happens within a few days; it's like a connection between two souls. That person's presence gives you peace and warms your heart, and I'm willing to give you time to make that connection between us." He stated the fact in a very loving tone.

"But I promise to love you till the end." He added in a soft tone, which made her feel that he would never hurt her like others do, and maybe she would not be a curse for him.

She didn't say anything because she didn't know what to say. She stayed silent and looked into his eyes, which held so much love for her, but still, if he loves her, then why did she buy her from her parents? What does he want from her?

Maybe he will not act like others did.

Maybe he will treat her better. But still, it's a may be.

By this time, they were both done with their ice cream, so they stood up and made their way towards the counter, where a lady in her mid-40s stood.

He passed his black card to the lady and said, "please give me buckets of strawberry and chocolate each." Heaven was confused by his order, like, What is he going to do with two buckets? Can't he just take one?

The lady passed him two buckets full of ice cream, and then his card and sincerely said, "You both look so beautiful together, like made for each other."

A light shade of crimson appeared on his face, with the most beautiful grin ever. The world's most powerful and merciless mafia king was blushing at the compliment made by an old lady.

The grin on his face made him even more cute, handsome, and charming than he already is. He muttered a small "Thank you." before walking out of the shop.

On the other hand, a slight smile also made its way into her innocent face, and she just bowed to the lady. The lady smiled sweetly and said, "Visit again."

They both come out of the parlour. His hands intertwined with her, which showed a sign of protectiveness and love towards her.

He opened the car door for her, made her sit inside, walked towards the other side, slipped inside the car, and started the engine.

On the way home, they were both completely silent. She didn't know how to start a conversation with him after the previous one. She was thinking about her life after this marriage.