𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑 ◎ 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝.•°

'Edited'

Author's pov

"Go and take your books, love." he said, letting go of her hand. He made himself settle on the couch, unbothered about the man; he just slapped.

She took her steps towards her used-to-be room. She opened that door, went inside, and finally allowed her tears to flow. wanted to leave from here as soon as possible, She gathered all her books and other important things, like a photograph of her family.

She looked at the photograph, and a few tears fell on it. Upon seeing the photograph, it reminded her of her family, which used to be happy.

She took one bag in her hands and went downstairs, and then in the living room, "Honey, do you need any help?" Asked her husband, who wanted to help her, but she refused by saying, "No, I will manage." And he nodded in response.

She opened the backseat and placed the paper bag, full of books, inside the car, and then went inside the house again to take another bag. While leaving her used-to-be room, she took a good view of it to add it to her memory and smiled sadly.

After placing all the books inside the car, she went into the living room and said, "We can leave now." Hearing her voice, he stood up from the couch and walked towards her. Her eyes were totally blank, like there was no emotion inside her.

He can guess that this house is not a warm place for her, but he wishes to be one.

He stood in front of her and said, "Wanna talk to him?" in a calm voice, which warmed her heart. His presence is enough to make her feel safe and warm.

She shook her head as a response. He offered his right hand for her to hold, and she just placed her left one on his, and they walked outside.

Before crossing the door, she turned her head and looked at her brother; he was standing near the couch. Her eyes meet with his, and she can see the hate in them for her.

They walked to the car, and he opened the door on the passenger side for her, made her sit inside, and then went towards the driver side and started the engine.

The car ride was silent until he decided to talk to her and get to know more about her.

"In which college are you?" He asked, starting with a normal question even after knowing the answer.

Hearing his voice, she looked in his direction, and their eyes met. He wanted this eye contact to last a long time, but she broke it, and he focused on the road. "In Cheong-ah Arts," she replied softly, her eyes now focusing on the dashboard of the car.

"Oh... that's nice." He complimented sweetly, trying to be the most talkative person in the whole damn country.

"Why didn't you talk to ji-hun?" He asked while focusing on the road, but he wanted to focus on her.

"Umm... He doesn't like to talk to me, Mr. Kim," she said, trying to hide the sadness, but he noticed it and took his free hand and held her right one. His thumb going up and down near her thumb, soothing her skin and making her feel calm and relaxed.

"He behaved badly with you. By the way, I want you to call me by my name." he said, his thumb still soothing her skin.

"Is that an order?" She asked, as it was awkward to call her boss or owner by his name, and she thought he would prefer Mr. Kim more.

"I'm no one to order you, my love. I just want to hear my name from your voice, and I'm pretty sure it'll give some peace to my burning heart." He said it honestly while looking into her eyes for a moment, then again on the road. He saw fear in her eyes.

And she chooses to stay silent.

He parked the car on the side of the road and said, "Come out," She was confused at first, but then she thought that he was mad because she hadn't replied to him earlier.

"What happened?" She asked while looking confused. He smiled and walked towards her, holding her hand, and then crossed the road. He made their way towards an ice cream parlour.

She was relieved that he wasn't angry at her. They went inside the parlour, and he made her sit on a chair and asked, "which flavour do you want?"

"Umm... No, it's okay; you can have yours." She replied, but from his expression, she could tell that he wasn't convenient.

"Tell me already, honey." he said with a cute face like a baby. He was determined to eat ice cream with her.

"Chocolate." She replied with a slight smile, and his heart warmed to see her smiling. "Okay, I'll be back." He replied and went to take the ice cream, with such extreme happiness on his face that she didn't deny him.

After a few minutes, he came back and placed both bowls on the table and said, "let's eat," while sitting opposite her. He chose a strawberry flavour for himself.

"I have a request," she announced while taking a spoonful of chocolate from the bowl. "Go ahead," he replied. Hoping it's not something negative, but he should not be afraid of anything.

Doesn't matter what; he will never let her go, even in the worst of their lives.

"Don't address me with that nickname, please." She said, her eyes now on the table, not wanting to see his angry expression. She thought that she didn't deserve all this. She is just a curse, and nothing else.

Everything that she used to love or still loves is broken or apart. She didn't want the same for him.

"With what?" He asked, but not in a cold voice. His voice is still sweet and deeply soft, but only for her. He didn't want to behave badly with her because she deserves nice things.

The word "love" escaped from her lips in a very soft tone, and this single word held the power to flutter his merciless heart. If it had been in a different but a little nicer situation, but here the situation is different.

"Why?" He whispered, confused at the fact that she didn't like it. And he wanted to know what was going on inside her little brain. He wanted to know what she thought about him. Does she think of him as a bad person?

But he is one, right?

"I don't want you to pretend about it." She replied to his question, but he clearly wasn't convenienced with it, and she is wrong here because,

"I'm not pretending anything, love." He cleared himself with his soft tone, and her eyes, which softened more after hearing him, met with his for a good 3 seconds, but she decided to break that contact.

______________________________
Hope you guys enjoyed this ✨
______________________________

A/n :- can you rate it from 1 to 10?

Don't forget to vote
And leave a comment to
motivate me.