Chapter 23

A couple hours later, we come back to the town Seraphina and her Knights came from yesterday.

The town was bustling as usual with a some female Knights patrolling the streets.

In one of the many buildings we see a party of two female adventures and one male who is basically their pack mule. The first female adventurer was mage and the other was a thief.

The mage talking/boasting about how she used a lightning spell to take out two dragons that morning.

The mage adventurer, named Ela, was animatedly recounting her tale of the morning's events. She waved her arms dramatically as she spoke, trying to impress those who were listening in the tavern.

"...and I'm telling you, I summoned the fiercest lightning bolt you've ever seen, right into the heart of those dragons!" Ela exclaimed, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "Their scales crackled, and they fell from the sky like stones."

Her companion, the thief named Aria, smirked at her friend's enthusiasm. "Oh, you and your dramatics, Ela. We all know you're powerful. You don't need to brag about it every chance you get."

The male adventurer, who was carrying a large bag filled with their equipment, simply nodded in agreement. He had the look of someone who was quite used to the banter between these two.

Ela, unfazed by Aria's teasing, continued her story. "Well, it's not every day you get to take down two dragons before breakfast! We're the most renowned adventurers in this town for a reason."

The tavern patrons listened with a mixture of amusement and admiration, enjoying the free entertainment. In a world filled with powerful magic, formidable creatures, and daring adventures, it was often the stories told in places like this that kept spirits high and dreams alive.

All of a sudden, the town could hear the sounds of the convoy of US Army 75th Rangers, JSDF soldiers, Russian soldiers, and Wolf demi-humans approaching.

The knights in the town began heading to the main entrance of the town to prepare for what's to come. Ela, Aria, and their male adventurer also came too.

The convoy halted about 400 yards from the town. In the lead vehicle we see the commanding officer and Seraphina exiting out of it. This shocks and surprises the knights in the town seeing their comrade who appears to be dirtied, bloodied, and in some sort of restraints(zip ties).

What shocked everyone the most was the commanding officer was a male.

The sight of their comrade, Seraphina, in such a state sent a wave of concern and anger through the ranks of the knights. And the fact that a male officer was leading the group added an extra layer of tension to the atmosphere.

Seraphina, despite her condition, held her head high and conveyed a sense of determination and pride. She addressed the town's knights and the adventurers with a voice that was both resolute and commanding.

"Good people of this town," Seraphina began, "I know it seems unusual, but these soldiers have treated me with respect and dignity despite our... earlier encounters." She glanced at the male commanding officer, her expression softening slightly.

The town's knights exchanged confused glances. Something was clearly amiss. Ela, Aria, and their male companion watched the scene unfold, not quite sure how to react to this unexpected turn of events.

The commanding officer, who had a stern yet diplomatic presence, took a step forward. "I am Major James Turner of the US Army. Our mission was to retrieve our comrades and assist in the recovery of any injured parties, as well as to provide aid and medical attention where needed."