8: Warning - Cuddling With Frank May Be Detrimental To Your Balls Health

Frank couldn't remember the last time he had fallen asleep without a struggle, because as tired as Frank usually was after work, and taking care of his mother, and life in general, the peaceful oblivion of slumber was something that eluded him more often than not.

Frank would come home with aching limbs and a heavy heart, yearning for his soft sheets and nothing else, but as soon as his head hit the pillow, Frank's body would somehow rejuvenate itself, or maybe it was his mind, but whatever the case, Frank always found himself lying there for hours before his eyes finally closed and he managed to get some rest.

The entire process seemed ridiculously unfair to Frank, because no matter how drained or worn out he had been during the day, at night, his brain came alive, almost as if it was playing a cruel joke on poor Frank, and it enjoyed watching him toss and turn in a desperate attempt to find a position that would lull him to sleep that much quicker.

And even when Frank's body finally shut down, it didn't stay that way for long, of course it didn't. It wasn't unusual for Frank to be awoken three or four times within an hour for no apparent reason, and sleeping through the night was something that hasn't happened to Frank for years - before today that is.

Because when Frank opened his eyes, he realized he couldn't even recall falling asleep, but he had definitely been in a deep slumber, actually, it might have been the best night of rest he had gotten in ages, and Frank felt more alive than he had in fuck knows how long.

And when Frank remembered where he was, or more importantly - who he was with, he had a nagging suspicion that his peaceful state had been brought on by the warm body that was pressed against his side, and the soft arms that were currently wrapped around his waist.

Flashbacks from last night began to dance across Frank's mind; meeting Gerard, sleeping with Gerard, staying over afterwards, and then...Frank must have fallen asleep while they had been watching X-Men, because even though he was drunk, Frank was certain he would have remembered crawling into bed with Gerard, he had no problem recalling the rest of the evening after all.

But somehow, Frank had ended up here, and even though Frank didn't stay the night with his hook ups - ever, and he definitely didn't cuddle with them, Gerard wasn't just a fling - he was different, he was special, and although Frank hadn't been planning on actually falling asleep with him, he would be lying if he said he wasn't enjoying this.

The last time Frank had woken up with someone else's arms around him had been when he had slept over at Pete's, and he hadn't been thrilled to find his best friend's limbs tangled up with his own when he finally opened his eyes, resulting in Frank "accidentally" kneeing Pete in the balls, and that was the extent of Frank's cuddling experience.

But this - this was something else, and even though Frank felt slightly uncomfortable being this intimate with someone, because yes - this was much more intimate then sex, to Frank at least - he didn't want this to end, not ever. Gerard seemed like he was made to fit with Frank, his arms bracketing his hips effortlessly, Frank's head slipping into the space between Gerard's neck and shoulder as if the spot was designated just for him, and Frank couldn't help the content sigh that escaped his lips when Gerard snuggled slightly closer to him.

Their position should have been awkward, or uncomfortable, but it wasn't, it was perfect, and Frank was almost too afraid to breathe, as if even the small movement of his chest would shatter this moment. Frank wanted to fall back asleep, because he had never felt more peaceful then he did right now, but that would mean missing out on an opportunity to observe Gerard without his knowledge, and staring at Gerard was much more fascinating than sleep, it trumped everything actually.