5: X-Men And Vodka - So Basically A Perfect First Date In Frank's Opinion

Gerard glided over to the couch where Frank was awkwardly sitting with his spine completely straight, as if good posture was somehow going to make a better impression on Gerard, but it couldn't hurt - right?

And Frank was staring again; he knew he was, but he just couldn't help it. Gerard drew his eyes like a moth to flame, and no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't wrench his gaze away from Gerard.

Gerard stopped directly in front of Frank, grabbing his abandoned beer bottle before flopping down onto the couch with a sigh of contentment, turning to Frank with an unreadable expression on his face.

"So I guess this is where we do the awkward introductions, but I'm sure Mikey already told you who I am, and if he didn't - I'm Gerard. I know you are Frank, and you are sweet, according to my brother that is, so now we have that out of the way," Gerard chuckled softly, and Frank felt his own lips twitching upward as well.

"Yeah, uh - he did mention you, and yes, I'm Frank - obviously, and I'm not that sweet, but thanks." Frank felt his cheeks flaming scarlet, and he really hoped the dim lighting in the room was enough to keep Gerard from noticing.

"No - thank you for bringing Mikey home, seriously, I can't say that enough," Gerard gushed, and that was when Frank recognized the look Gerard was giving him - it was gratitude, and the only reason Frank hadn't caught on to it before was because no one ever looked at him that way - why would they? Frank never meant anything to anyone, except maybe Pete, but to have a stranger genuinely thank him was an entirely new experience.

"I - uh, it was no problem. I just felt bad, and fuck knows there have been a few nights I have wished that someone would care enough to walk me home - you know?" Frank stammered out, surprised that he was able to form coherent words. He felt like he was choking on air every time he breathed in, as if the atmosphere had increased in density now that Gerard was in such close proximity to him, and Frank was left feeling dizzy and lightheaded.

"But that's the thing - you did care, and nobody cares about strangers, not really, except you. So let me thank you, okay? I was really worried, and you kept him safe, and that means a lot to me." Gerard flashed Frank a small smile, one corner of his mouth pulling up higher than the other, and Frank actually thought he might swoon for a second, but luckily, he managed to restrain himself and maintain whatever was left of his dwindling dignity.

"Okay." Frank raised his beer to his lips with a shaky hand, just to give himself something to do. He finished it off with a few deep gulps, hoping the alcohol would take affect quickly so he could find some liquid courage to actually say something slightly interesting. His buzz from earlier was almost completely gone, the walk back to the apartment had made certain of that.

"You want another - I need to grab one anyway," Gerard asked, raising his own empty bottle up as he spoke.

"Yeah - I mean, if you are cool with that. I don't want to overstay my welcome or anything. I can totally go," Frank rambled out, because even though he wanted nothing more than to stay here with Gerard all night, he didn't want to come off as desperate, or a pity case who was only here to get as many free beers as he could.

"It's no problem Frank - really. You dragged my brother's sorry ass all the way home, so the least I can do is give you some beer. Plus, I was kind of lonely, and it's nice having someone else here who isn't Mikey, so please - don't leave yet." Gerard stood up and headed to the kitchen before Frank could even begin to form a response - the answer was yes, of course he would stay, but Gerard seemed to assume that without needing verbal confirmation, which was just fine with Frank.

As Frank watched Gerard sway into the kitchen, he got an impressive view of his ass, and even draped in baggy sweat pants, Frank was left trying to wet his mouth with his tongue, because it had suddenly become as dry as the Sahara Desert.