"Oh my god" my patient said, wiping her tears as I gave her a tissue. "This feel so unreal"

"Right" I said, looking at the baby.

"She got her dad's nose and lips"

I hope my child don't look like his/her daddy.

Y'all I don't know what I'm having yet, we gon find out at the birthing.

"She is gonna be a gorgeous baby, I'm already knowing" I told my patient, wiping the gel off her belly letting the pictures print from the ultrasound.

I turned the lights back on, taking my gloves off grabbing the clipboard to record everything.

"Thank you so much. I can't wait to meet her" she said, sitting up.

I grabbed the pictures from the ultrasound handing it to her.

"Make sure u let me know when ur water break before I leave to go back home. If it break after, u still can call me and I'll talk you thru it and recommend u to the best doctors I've worked with at the hospital" I told her, walking her out the suite.

"Okay I will. Thank you so much again, best doctor ever"

"Girl don't make me cry" I said, smiling hard.

"Girl I'm finna make myself cry too. Babies got us too emotional"

"Right!"

"Alright. I'll see you, be safe"

"Same to you, bye girl" she said, walking out the clinic.

I rubbed my belly, walking back to my office taking my mask off as I sat down relaxing.

Lordddd my feet killing me.

My phone rung, I propped it up on my computer as I answered.

"Hey baby girl" my mama said, propping her phone up so I can see her.

"Heyyyyy mother" I said, moving closer to my desk hiding my stomach.

I grabbed my blanket putting it over me.

Everytime I FaceTime them and prop the phone up, I'm never in my work uniform which kinda shows my belly a lil more. I'm always answering in a big t shirt.

"What you doing?" Ma asked me.

"Just finished up with a patient, chilling right now" I said, grabbing my work computer typing the information in. "Wassup, what u doing?"

"Just got back home from a date with my mannnn" Ma said, as she kept putting her hand in the camera eating her ice.

"Oh really? Where y'all went?" I asked, still typing.

"Benihanas. Ate so good, like real good" she said, causing me to look at the camera as I kept seeing her hand.

"AHHH OH MY GOD" I screamed, looking at her hand.

"RIGHTTTT" mama said, covering her mouth jumping up and down.

Y'all why my mama got a fat ass ring on her hand.

I honestly forgot she was with her lil boyfriend, but I guess he popped the question.

"Congratulations mama. Don't be having no more kids now" I told her.

"Oh girl, my tubes tied. Y'all are enough"

"I kno that's right. I'm so happy for you tho, tell Rodney I said wassup"

"BAE!" She yelled out for him.

"HUH?" I heard him say, walking up to her.

"Story said wassup" ma told him, he looked back at the camera.

"Wassup story, how you doing??" He asked.

"I'm doing well and you??"

"Doing amazing"

"That's good. Congratulations to the both of y'all, I wish yall nothing but the best"

"I wanna throw an engagement party, you gon be home in time?? Next Friday night" he asked.

I looked at my calendar on my computer.

"I might be able to come. If not, y'all got my congratulations fasho and ima send yall an engagement gift" I said, lying.

I'm leaving to go home, Thursday but I shall pull up and surprise them all.

"Well if you are able to come, we still gon send you the invite" ma said.

"Alright" I said, smiling.

"Well we finna let you get back to work, ima call u later to check on you. Love you bug" ma said.

"Love you too. Congratulations again yall. Byeeee"

"Byeee" they both said, hanging up.

I put the blanket down, drinking my water as my phone rung again.

Gawdamn shit.