15

ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ ᴅᴏᴛꜱᴏɴ
📍: ᴀᴛʟᴀɴᴛᴀ, ɢᴀ
𝕬 𝕸𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖍 𝕷𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖗

"Graduating top of her class. MiStory Ziyer Dotson" Dean called my name, I walked across the stage shaking the professors hands.

I heard my family screaming and cheering.

"THATS MY GIRL U GO GURL WOOPPPP WOOPPPPP" I heard one of them scream as I laughed

"Congratulations" they all said, I nodded and smiled.

"Thank you" I said to them as I walked past.

I stopped and took a picture with the Dean with my Degree in my hand.

I walked back to my seat, sitting down watching the rest of my classmates go. Not a lot of people graduated early so this finna be quick.

Everybody finished.

I looked and seen my professor walking up on the stage and she grabbed the mic. She holding a big bouquet of roses in her hand.

"Hello everyone" She said.

"Hey" everybody said back.

"I'm professor Felicia, I am the nursing professor. I want to say to all my students, I'm so proud of you all and congratulations again. I don't have favorites, but this one student meant something to me. I see something in her, that she may not see. Mistory, she came to me freshman year one of my brightest students. She always made sure she turned her work in on time, she stayed to her self. I've grown a bond with her, she my daughter I never had and if I ever had, I want her to be like you. She sweet, kind, caring. I believed in you when u didn't believe in your self sometimes, when u felt like giving up. I said you've come too far to just quit, u will catch that dream u just gotta keep chasing. I've had bad days, she was right there cheering me up always, she told me when life gives you pancakes, make waffles cuz nobody like pancakes" she said chuckling holding her tears back. "I know yall like what?? I thought it was Lemons and Lemonade. She know that I don't like pancakes so she switched it, pancakes nasty but anyways".

Everybody laughed.

To her parents, I want yall to know yall got a star in the making. She is going to be a hell of a nurse, all of you honestly. With this being said, I've proud to say. Story will be ending this year, starting as a traveling OBGYN. So if yall want yall babies delivered, she is the perfect fit for it. Congratulations again Story and Congratulations to the rest of you"

Everybody clapped and I wiped my tears.

Whew I love this lady.

"Story come up here girl" she told me, I fanned myself and walked up back on stage. "Here u go pretty. U finna ruin ur make up, and make me cry too"

She handed me a napkin and patted my tears as I hugged her and she handed me the flowers.

"Thank you so much. You got me ruining my makeup"

"You look so pretty, I'm sorry. Just had to let everybody know what an amazing student and person u are. Even if u mug everybody you see"

I chuckled, hugging her again.

"Ima miss u so much. Visit me"