𝑲𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝑻𝒘𝒐 𝑩𝒊𝒓𝒅𝒔 𝑾𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝑺𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒆

Start from the beginning

The video started to play, depicting Katniss and a group of District Thirteen rebels jogging through the demolish streets of District Eight as Snow approached with an impassive expression. He examined the footage with a calculating gaze, tilting his head silently in contemplation.

Finally he spoke up, "Zoom in." The order was carried out quickly as Snow stepped forward to observe even closer. A smirk slowly creeped onto his face as he recognised the familiar form of Katniss Everdeen.

"She was visiting a makeshift hospital. One that the Black Dahlia has been searching for." Antonius explained as a genuine yet sinister grin settled on Snow's treacherous lips. "We're not sure if she's still there, but the Black Dahlia is stationed in the area and awaiting her next orders."

"Hmm." Snow acknowledged the man's words, backing away while keeping his eyes locked on the Mockingjay. His mind whirred with the possibilities this opportunity could allow him. He could potentially end the Mockingjay symbol once and for all. But that could make her a martyr. No, he just needed to send a message.

"We can scramble hovercraft from the border of Eleven." Antonius suggested, turning to give Snow his full and undivided attention while they scheme of ways to take advantage of this favourable moment. "We may be able to target her."

Hmm." Snow hummed, dismissing that idea quickly with a simple shake of the head. Instead he calmly declared, "Kill the wounded."

"Sir..." Egeria cautioned weakly, not entirely happy with the plan he was putting forward but not quite willing to voice her disapproval to the President.

Snow glanced down at the horrified woman with a stony expression and reminded her, "You wrote that speech yourself, Egeria." The woman nodded her understanding and compliance, backing down from the confrontation before it could escalate. "Any association with the Mockingjay symbol is forbidden." Receiving no more arguments from Egeria, Snow returned his gaze to the screen. "Everyone inside that hospital has committed treason. Show them what it costs to be friends with Katniss Everdeen."

Antonius nodded his obedience, preparing to carry out his President's orders before remembering one last thing, "What about the Black Dahlia?"

Snow paused in thought for a moment, pondering what the best course of action would be for his little monster. Then he came to a decision, "Let the Mockinjay experience true fear." The two advisers watched as a dark, ominous look overshadowed his pristine features. "Mobilise her."

•——————•°•✿•°•——————•

The Black Dahlia's orders were clear; distract not kill. She was to ensure the bombers could swoop in and blast the hospital without interference from the Mockingjay. The girl from District Twelve had a kind heart, seeing the weak and injured suffer would surely prompt her to retaliate. It was the Black Dahlia's job to stall her long enough to get their message across.

As a warning siren wailed and the team from District Thirteen hurried to take cover, she took the opportunity to sneak into the building through a shattered gap in the wall. The group sprinted along the twists and turns of the corridor, unaware of the figure tracking them through the shadows. Too focused on getting to safety, no one thought to check for enemies. Especially one who could hide in plain sight.

Predictably, Katniss was lured off course by the sound of machine gunfire and quickly darted away from the rest of the group towards the heat of the battle. Her gullible and overprotective guard dog followed suit with a cry of her name as the other members of her crew scrambled to catch up.

"Everdeen!" A commanding voice called out as the Black Dahlia expertly weaved through industrial equipment to keep the Mockingjay in her sights. "Everdeen!" Katniss had ducked behind a blasted section of wall to observe the action outside, eyes widening at the horrors of war occurring right before her very eyes. "Gale, back away from the wall!"