Chapter 57

Chapters are probably gonna be longer from now on btw, anyways enjoy!

Two days. 

It had been exactly two days since Harry had left New York and he already wanted to die. 

Well, Harry has always wanted to die, even managed to do it once but this was different, he didn't expect to be feeling like shit this early. 

He at least thought it would take maybe a week for him to start missing Draco but it took two days. Two days! 

He didn't understand why he would be expecting someone to be next to him on his bed after waking up. 

He didn't understand why it was so hard to fall asleep in his bed that just felt so empty for some reason. 

Harry even got up the other day and went to the kitchen expecting there to be food made for him. It was fucking depressing and the worst part is that he can't even control it. 

Harry was just getting back from his shift and Hermione and Ron were just a bit behind him as he walked into his little house. 

Charles was curled up on the armchair in the living room and Harry put down a few books on his kitchen counter along with Draco's hoodie to go say hi to him. 

Yes, Harry took that blasted hoodie to work because when he smells it it calms him down, it even makes him feel a little happy too.

"Harry?" Hermione peeked her head through the door inside to see where the black haired boy was.

Harry looked up at Hermione and waited for her to tell him whatever it was she was going to say.

She looked a tad bit confused, "There's an owl here." she said, "Are you expecting a message?" she asked.

A few seconds later Ron came behind Hermione looking frightened by something, "It's attacking me!" he said and ran into the house.

Hermione rolled her eyes and opened up the door wider for Harry to come with her, which he did even though it was probably just some random owl from the little forest thing near his house. 

It was getting dark and the sun had just set leaving outside looking dimly lit. It was nothing like the city lights in New York, this dim was natural and more warm.

"It's a lovely looking owl." Hermione said, walking right next to Harry towards a tree, "I wonder whose it is? Most people don't use owls as messengers these days anymore."

"mMm." Harry mumbled with a shrug, not really caring about the owl too much.

They got to the tree and Hermione pointed towards a deep brown and chestnut feathered eurasian eagle owl and it had a folded piece of parchment tied to its leg with a very neat bow. 

Whoever sent this must be some real perfectionist or something. Gross, Harry thought. 

The owl was ruffling up its beautiful feathers and turned its head to look at Harry with big, orange-red eyes. 

The owl swooped down to a lower branch and stuck out its leg even though neither Harry nor Hermione could have possibly grabbed the parchment.

"You do know I can't reach that, right?" Harry looked up at the owl who hooted at him.

"Come down." Harry said but the owl didn't budge.

Instead, it widened its eyes at Harry before narrowing them and turning its head away with a hoot that sounded like he's offended it. 

Harry faced palmed and looked down at the floor for a second before looking back up at the owl.

"Don't tell me you're too 'proper' to stand on the ground.'' Harry said sarcastically but the owl hooted and nodded.