𝓖𝓵𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓜𝓪𝓼𝓺𝓾𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓭𝓮: 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 11

Start from the beginning

As the group followed Trein to the specified location, Malleus noticed the device around Y/n's tail and deeply frowned. 'She keeps getting lost huh...' he thought, clenching his other fists.

"Whatever you're thinking about, don't worry about it." Isfrid says while walking past Malleus and Y/n with his hands behind his head.

*

"Here we are," Trein says after guiding the group to a certain part of the city.

*
Fleur City - Waterway

Y/n's dead eyes widen slightly from the scenery

Y/n's dead eyes widen slightly from the scenery. It looked rather refreshing as she stared down at the river next to her. "I believe we're under one of the bridges that connects the city to Noble Bell College," Malleus noticed, his and the others eyes were wide from surprise.

"I didn't even notice at first that there was a pathway when we were on the bridge," Jamil admitted, not recalling ever seeing a pathway from above.

"This is the entrance to an underground waterway," Trein revealed, gesturing over to the pathway they were on. "As Flamme mentioned, the Bell of Solace is the heart of Fleur City. But it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say these waterways are its nervous system - they developed alongside the city itself,"

"Ah, so these are the waterways that run throughout the city," Malleus hummed, looking amazed. "They're all made of stone, just as I read," he smiled.

"They look rather old," Sebek says.

"Oh, yes. It's a complex so vast, not even the locals know its entirety," Isfrid informed while watching his sister going down toward the steps and over to the river. Y/n kneeled down in a squatting position, looking down toward the water in front of her, staring at her reflection as she dipped the tip of her tail into the water as she moved it around, like a kid making splashes with their feet in the water. Malleus and Isfrid chuckled slightly as they watched the crown princess play with the water.

"I've read about them as well. They were built so the whole city could use the water from the Soleil," Riddle recalled.

"Yes, though that's not their only function," Trein added. "Here's a question for the class - what other historic purpose did these waterways serve?" he asked.

"I can answer that-" Riddle was about to say the answer but was silenced by Jamil.

"Shh. Don't spoil the fun now. Now everyone did research beforehand, remember," Jamil shamelessly smirked.

"A fine point," Malleus smirked mischievously toward a certain someone. "Sebek, what do you think the answer is?"

"Huh? You're asking me?" Sebek yelped out, completely taken aback. "I'm in my liege's and her majesty's presence...I absolutely have to get this right...!" he muttered.