part 32 -- with you

part 32 —- with you

part 32 —- with you

Two days. The funeral was in two days. Hana felt guilty for dreading it so badly, after all, her mother would have loved it, but she couldn't help it. A funeral would make things more real. It would confirm that their mother was truly never coming back again for as long both her and Haru lived, and forever after that.

She was also anxious about having to face family and friends who they hadn't seen in years, who had probably forgotten that Sora Saito had existed but felt obliged to come. They would shower her and her brother in sympathy that she didn't want. She didn't want to cry in front of them but knew she wouldn't be able to control it. Even the thought of the event alone brought tears to her eyes.

Sasuke will be there, she reminded herself, inhaling and exhaling deeply and slowly. So will Itachi. And Mikoto. And Fugaku.

That helped ease her nerves a little.

"Can Sasuke take me to school today?" Haru asked during breakfast. Mikoto and Fugaku had already left for the day, leaving Itachi and Sasuke in charge of getting Haru ready for school. 

"Ouch," Itachi said, shooting Haru an exaggerated frown which made the boy smile. "Are my walks boring?"

"No, I love walking with you! Actually, can we all go together? Except Hana, because she's too slow."

Hana almost spat out her water, glancing towards Sasuke beside her who looked extremely amused. "She always makes me late and then I get in trouble." Haru added.

It was true. Hana was a slow walker, and she knew that Sasuke agreed with that.

"Sure, I'll walk with you and Itachi today." Sasuke said, watching Haru's face light up.

Hana felt her stomach twist into a knot. She didn't want Sasuke to leave, but she reminded herself that it was only for an hour maximum and she shouldn't always rely on him.

Unlike his sister, Haru was already back at school. He felt ready, and both Mikoto and Fugaku felt it would be a good idea so that he could feel a sense of normal again. His teachers were also extremely supportive so they knew there would be nothing to worry about. And they were right, because Haru was loving it. He was a lot happier, his personality slowly returning as well as his love for his sister again. That made her happy, too.

But Hana knew there was no way in hell that she would be returning to school herself anytime soon. 

"What are you going to do while I'm gone?" Sasuke asked Hana after breakfast, watching her help Mikoto clean up the table. He was already holding Haru's backpack.

"Probably figure out what I'm going to wear for the funeral," Hana said, sadness in her voice at the mention of it.

"Don't overthink it. No one cares what you're going to wear, so just find something that's comfortable."