part 18 -- act on it

part 18 —- act on it

As Sasuke laid there, half naked and staring at the ceiling, his mind reminisced on what had just happened. He turned his head to the side, his eyes trailing down to Hana's wrists by her face as she slept soundly beside him. His jaw clenched as he analysed every single mark, thinking about what she would have gone through while doing that to herself and the way she would have felt in those moments by herself. She would have been lonely, and he just wished he could have been there to tell her he was there for her. He wished he had been there to stop her, but he also knew that there was no way of doing so. Hana would always find a way, no matter how wary he could be.

He couldn't deny that it was the best sex he had ever had, possibly because feelings were involved for the first time in a long time. Sasuke had finally accepted it— he had feelings for the girl. The sex had only confirmed it even harder for him. And, as much as it petrified him, he thought about how unpredictable life was. It could change in an instance. He could die tomorrow, and so could she.

Suddenly, something dawned on him. A heavy feeling overcame him, so intense that it felt as if his bones were about to be crushed by an invisible force from within his own vessel of a being. His heart seemed to slow down, yet, at the same time pound as hard as it could against his chest.

The reason why she had been in such a rush to lose her virginity.

It had to be for the reason that he thought. There was no other reason for Hana to suddenly ask him so casually, not a single worry behind those dusky eyes. Hana, the girl who was often shy and so easily embarrassed, had been completely out of character.

Sasuke clutched at the bare skin his chest, digging his nails into it to distract him from the emotional pain he was suddenly feeling. He got out of bed, hastily putting his clothes back on before quickly walking out of his bedroom. He let his legs carry him to wherever he felt would be right in that moment.

He hadn't expected to end up at Itachi's bedroom door, pushing the handle down and entering without giving him any notice. He slammed the door shut behind him with his back, panting heavily as he looked at his brother. Itachi had awoken, sitting up in bed with a confused look on his face.

Without thinking, Sasuke ran towards him and threw his arms around his older brother's neck. Itachi almost fell back by the force, but once he caught himself, he hesitantly placed his arms around his little brother as well.

"I can't save her, Itachi," Sasuke said through gritted teeth, tears streaming down his face as he clung to Itachi's thin frame. Sobs erupted from his lips, shaking his body violently. Sasuke had fallen into pieces, and Itachi tightened his arms around him.

"I saw her suicide note," he cried out, the words coming out almost like a scream in pain. "I saw her suicide note," he repeated, this time the words coming out as a mere whimper.