Chapter - 9

A week has passed and I’m still in my bliss state. Maybe it’s because there was no school…but I’m pretty sure it was because I was with Luke, yup all this time.

Everything with Luke has been peachy and wonderful.

Sometimes I think this is a dream and I’m about to wake up.

“What are you thinking about?” Luke asked from above my head.

I looked up to meet his eyes then laid my head back on his chest and sighed “I don’t really get it…I feel weird but I can’t exactly explain the feeling” I told him.

Instead of saying something he started tickling me then it began the all-out tickling war.

I was panting and had tears spilling out not long after. I begged for mercy after gasps of breaths but Luke didn’t stop.

My knee accidently met with his crotch and he doubled over in pain.

I sat up and looked apologetic at him “I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to” I tell him not really sure where I should put my hand to sooth him.

He looked at me and tried to smile but it came out as a grimace “It’s okay…but we might not be able to have that soccer team you wanted” he joked but still in pain.

My face probably matched his in contortment.

Someone cleared their voice and I looked up to find Ryan leaning against the door frame his face showing amusement but most of all seriousness.

Luke sensed it and got to his feet.

“Someone people who were on patrol spotted an unfamiliar scent along the east coast and Alpha wanted you to go check it out and report back, I’ll be coming with you” Ryan said.

“Got it, go down and wait first I’ll be down ” Luke said as Ryan left.

Luke hurriedly put his clothes on and turned to peck my cheek “Do go out anywhere, we don’t know who it is okay?” Luke warned.

I saluted him “Yes, sir, captain sir!” I said loudly.

He cocked his eyebrows and chuckled, gave me a hug and left. I flopped myself on his bed cropping my head up on my arms.

__

Luke returned a few hours later looking grim.

“What’s wrong?” I asked placing myself in his lap.

He sighed “The scent was unfamiliar alright, it wasn’t a wolf” he told me.

“What was it then?” I asked worried.

He shook his head “I don’t want to scare you and besides you wouldn’t be able to do anything about it…unless, I still have that potion if you want” he said.

I’ve thought about it, it would be awesome if I could go wolf and do things with Luke but I’d risk ‘them’ finding me and the pact, who knows what they can do.

“So?” Luke asked snapping me out of thought.

“Hmmm, nah” I replied as nonchalant as I could.

He looked hurt “Why not?” he asked.

“Reasons Luke, reasons. Can we not talk about this know?” I said kind of annoyed.

He picked up on my tone and nodded.

“So what was at the border?” I asked to fill the silence.

Luke smirked “I’ll tell you if you tell me why you won’t take the potion” he said.

I groaned and stood up from his lap as he chuckled. I couldn’t help but turn and stick my tongue out at him.