Chapter - 7

I dropped everything off at ‘grandmas’ house and Luke took me to his house. He towed me to his room and closed the door securely behind us.

I took a seat on his bed and he sat down next to me. He twirled the ends of my hair in silence, I thought it was amusing how he’s acting right now so I decided to not say anything.

After what seemed like a little while I guess his patience ran short.

“So?” he urged looking at me.

“So?” I asked rhetorically.

He frowned at me “You know what I’m talking about” he said sternly.

I chuckled and touched his cheek “Just teasing” I said.

 I looked down becoming nervous of what he might think when I told him so I took a deep breath “I talked to the headmaster and he said I could tell…but you can’t tell anyone promise me?” I asked him.

“…I promise” he said reluctantly and slowly but I believed his words.

“So I wasn’t in Montana…as you can tell, I was at the organization. The organization is what sent me here in the first place-“ I said then stopped looking to see his reaction. His face was blank which made me all the more nervous. “There was a new pact of wolves in town-“ I started then his eyes looking to me in understanding.

“My pact” he finished for me.

I nodded. I waited to see if he’d say anything more but he didn’t.

“It was my mission-“ I said looking to him again and I could tell he was hurt, his eyes were glazed over. “It was my mission to get information on the new pact because the ‘organization’ is actually a research facility…on shapeshifter’s and what people would think are mythical creatures” I said my voice fading out at the last bit.

His fist clenched but I could tell he was trying to control himself.

I put my hand on his arm “Luke?” I asked softly.

He took deep breaths before looking to me “What did you tell them about us?” he asked through clenched teeth.

I stood up and looked to him horrified “How could you think I’d sell you out?!” I yelled at him shaking in anger.

He also stood up and he looked guilty yet again for the second time this day “How would I know” he said.

“By trusting me” I said disappointed and softly. “Luke if I stay here we’ll probably argue again so…just think about it and I’ll go home for today” I told him heading for the door.

He reached out and grabbed my wrist then yanked me back to him “We won’t argue I’ll try, I just got you back today don’t leave” he said his voice muffled as he put it in my hair.

Honestly I didn’t want to leave him either.

I sat back down on the bed as he took a seat next to me in our original position.

He looked nervously to me “Are you still in the organization?” he asked softly.

I sighed “Probably, no most likely” I told him.

He swallowed hard “Are you still on the…mission?” he asked.

I smiled at him “No, the headmaster and I came to a…an agreement” I told him.

He smiled in relief.

Then he frowned again “Do that mean you’ll have to…leave me someday?” he asked.