Chapter - 8

I know it's short but i wanted to post the date lol.

___________________________________________________________________

We arrived at a night carnival just a little bit outside of town. It wasn’t to dark but enough to see the lights.

I looked over to Luke and he was grinning.

We got out the car and Luke bought us bracelets.

Even if it’s kind of late and tomorrow was a school day there were kits of people. Kids, teens, adults and couples.

Luke held my hand and led us through.

I was never one to worry about my hair or make up. So I decided to go on those big roller coasters without a second thought.

“You sure you can take it?” Luke jokingly nudged my side.

I nudged him back “Are you scared?” I retorted grinning.

“Pshh, you’re on!” he challenged.

We went on just about all of the rides and I had to admit, Luke is a tough cookie. He smirked every time I would make a sound as the rides dropped.

By 8 I was beat and think it’s best to lay off for now.

“I’ll buy some food” Luke said as I sat down at a table near the food stands.

“Remember no onions!” I called when he started walking away.

He turned around and chuckled “So childish!” he called back but I know he understood.

The carnival is filled with mostly couples now.

Luke came back with a burger, onion free, for me and fries with coke, my favorite. He got himself fried dough and buffalo chicken fingers.

He would look away and I’d steal some of his food but I think he knew.

We talked about random things but when silence fell it never got awkward.

With our bellies full we went on one last ride before heading home. The Ferris wheel.

The line wasn’t that long so we didn’t have to wait for like a million years.

When we got in the boy that was working at the ride gave us a knowing smirk. I blushed on the way in while Luke gave back that smirk.

The ride started and we slowly made our way to the top stopping in between everyone’s turn.

“You know the Ferris wheel has a legend” Luke told me looking outside and down at the people and lights.

“And what might that be?” I asked amused.

“They say that couples who get to the top and kiss will stay together forever” he said.

I started laughing until I took in his serious features. “Sorry, but do you really believe that?” I asked.

He smiled that most breath taking smile I’ve ever seen, my  heartbeat probably speed up by 5x. That’s the effect he has on me.

“Of course not-“ he smirked a mischievous looking coming on his face  “because even without it, we’d still be together forever” he said before leaning into kiss me softly but passionately.

When we separated for breath I noticed we were at the exact top. The view was…indescribable.

Lights twinkle far in the distance and a soft melody was playing.

Luke took hold of my hand and kissed it then placed it on his heart.

“I Love you Karen, I can’t seem to tell you enough” Luke said.

I couldn’t help but cry, everything today was perfect.

I hugged him as hard as I could.

“Me too” I said the words slurred and muffled.

__