When the day of her graduation came, only Melanie's father, Ken showed up. Noshiko was no where in sight. After that, Melanie decided to start keeping in touch with her father and only her father.

Melanie finally looked at the spirit. She was about to open her mouth to make a comeback, but before she could, the Nogitsune let out a shocked breath. "So it's true... Getting caught by the Wild Hunt takes away part of you." The Nogitsune whispered, raising his hand and touched her cheek. "You've lost part of your ability to stay so young."

Liam started to thrash in his ties, his eyes flashing yellow as he glared at the spirit. "Don't touch her." Liam growled out, but the Nogitsune ignored him, watching to get a reaction out of the fellow kitsune in front of him.

If Melanie wasn't trapped in that moment, she probably would've stabbed the fox with her katana right then and there for what he said. It didn't matter if what he said was true, it's just rude.

When Melanie hit her early twenties, she started to notice little things about herself that shouldn't have been happening if she aged like any normal kitsune. She noticed she was aging. Slowly. But not as slow as a kitsune should.

Melanie went to Deaton to try and figure out what was happening to her and the man explained that there was a possibility that entering the Wild Hunt twice could've changing how she ages. That instead of aging at the same rate any other kitsune would, she would age a little faster. Around the same range a werewolf would.

Melanie didn't mind hearing those words. Considering everyone supernatural she knew aged at the same rate—the rate of werewolves, Melanie has always been terrified of the fact that she would outlive them being that kitsunes live longer than most supernatural beings. Now that she aged like werewolves, she didn't have to worry about that anymore.

"You're losing everything, Melanie." The Nogitsune teased, pushing a piece of hair behind Melanie's ear, purposefully scratching the side of her face when he passed it. Melanie groaned in pain as Liam and Theo both growled, getting angrier by the Nogitsune by the second.

The Nogitsune kept his attention on just Melanie, tilting his head in a taunting manner as he continued. "Your sister, your parents, your best friend," The spirit turned his head in Liams direction before turning back to Melanie. "The love of your life."

Melanie felt a lump form in her throat at not just those words, but Liam tensing beside her.

"For a kitsune who lost her immortality, you seem to be... stuck in time." The Nogitsune dragged out. Melanie shut her eyes and held in her breath as the Nogitsune reached towards Melanie's neck.

Melanie knew he was reaching for Liam's engagement ring around her neck and she tried to get out of the foxes grasp, but considering she had been tied up, it was pointless. He grabbed the tiny piece of gold chain that had been wrapped around her neck and pulled the necklace out from under her shirt.

Melanie could've sworn she heard the Nogitsune chuckle before he pulled the chain, breaking it from around Melanie's neck. She winced at the small burn she felt on the back of her neck as the Nogitsune held the ring carefully in his hands and out of the corner of her eyes, Melanie could see Liam look at the ring with wide eyes.

The Nogitsune swung the chain by his fingertips, purposely making sure Liam saw it. Melanie felt her eyes start to tear up as she kept her eyes on the jewelry, too frightened to look anywhere else.

"A beautiful ring..." The Nogitsune whispered, facing Liam for just a split second before realizing Liam wasn't even watching him. He was watching Melanie. The spirit then turned back to Melanie. "It's a shame it's never been worn properly."

With that, the Nogitsune threw the piece of jewelry over his shoulder, letting the chain and the ring fly through the air and get lost in the grass of the forest. "No!" Melanie screamed as she straightened up, hoping to break free from her restraints but instead, knocking the wind out of her since she was tied up by the chest as she watched the ring slowly disappearing from her eyesight.

Melanie watched the last place she saw the ring as the tears that were sitting in her eyes finally started to cascade down her face. And from beside her, Liam watched her with a look just as heartbroken.

—take a shot everytime I said "kitsune", "nogitsune", "fox" or "spirit"

kinda hated this chapter🤦‍♀️my bad😒😒

ALSO I REALLY HOPE THAT THING ABOUT MELANIE AGING MADE SENSE(PLEASE TELL ME IT DID😭)

guys... why are there only two/three chapters left...😀😀