Rumors

Theo was pissed off

Theo was pissed off. He called Mel more times than he could count since he found out about Belles father. During the day, he tried going to spots he'd think she'd be at; the school, her house, Liam's house, the hospital but he couldn't find her and he didn't have anything to trace her scent.

At night, Theo decided he should go look for her now. There was a high chance she was just at home considering if something was happening where she'd be at the sheriffs station or the hospital, she most likely would've called him.

Theo quickly and quietly crawled out of the window in Belles bedroom. He landed on the ground with ease and ran to his truck that was a block down so Belle's father wouldn't get suspicious.

Theo hopped into his car as soon as he could, freezing out since he was only in a thin t-shirt and sweats. Just as he was about to start the car, there was a tap on his window. Theo turned his head and cursed under his breath at the cop flashing their flashlight at him.

He huffed and rolled down his window. Just as he was about to ask what the problem was, the officer shot him.

...

Melanie slept over at Liam's. Which wouldn't seem like problem considering Liam always slept over at Mel's, but Scott refused to let Melanie sleep over at Liam's.

Melanie tiredly woke up at the sound of Liam's front door open. When she heard Liam's mom talking to Scott, Melanie gasped and threw the blanket covers over her and Liams heads.

"Liam, get up." Scott said as he entered the room and Liam groaned, rolling over and cuddling more into Melanie. "No, I'm... I'm sick. I'm sick."

"You're not sick." Scott said and Liam started to fake cough. "Yeah, I'm like deathly ill. It's serious. I think... I think it's the flu." He groaned.

"It's not flu season."

Melanie rolled her eyes at Scott as Liam stammered to think of another excuse. "Uh, then I probably have pneumonia." He grumbled, hiding his face in Melanie's neck and squeezing her tight.

Scott groaned. "Liam, you're a werewolf. You can't get pneumonia."

"Werewolves can't get pneumonia?" Melanie whispered under her breath, making Liam quickly remove himself from Melanie's shoulder and press his finger against her lips, mimicking shushing her.

"You know what? I'm gonna call Mel. She'll get you up." Scott mumbled, typing in Melanie's number into his phone. Melanie looked around the bed for her phone to quickly silence it, but remembered she left it on Liam's nightstand.

His phone rang two times before Scotts ringtone on Melanie's phone rang from Liam's nightstand. Knowing her cover was blown, Melanie's arm popped out from under the covers and grabbed her phone, declining Scott's call.

"Mel is busy. Leave a message after the beep." Melanie grumbled in a robotic voice under the covers and Scott pursed his lips after the few seconds of silence. "Are you gonna say beep or-" "No, I'm not gonna say beep!" Melanie complained, peaking her head out from under the covers before hiding back in them, wrapping her arms around Liams waist as his hands wrapped around hers, pulling her into his chest.