The Supermoon

"No?"

"No?"

"Belle, look at her. She's too weak. It will kill her. We don't even know what the mercury's doing to her. We don't even know if it is actually mercury. This can't be the only way to save her life." Scott said, pointing at the pale Hayden. " It saved mine." Liam spoke up and Scott sighed, shaking his head. "You know, that was different. You were hanging off a ledge."

"You promised. You said you'd do everything you could." Belle said, her voice shaky slightly. "Which is why I'm not going to do something I think is going to kill her." Scott screamed. Hayden gasped for air, making Melanie sit her up higher on her lap.

"There has to be... There has to..." Hayden said in between breaths. Theo sighed, shaking his head at the sophomores before turning to the alpha. "Scott."

"There's another way to save her." Scott said and Theo tilted his head, looking down at Hayden with an 'are you kidding me?' look. "I don't know what the statistics are for surviving a werewolf bite, but she's definitely not surviving this. We need to do something."

...

Melanie leaned into Liams arms as she leaned on the wall of the clinic, the two watching Melissa treat Hayden. Belle sat on the counter beside them, her leg shaking slightly as she watched Hayden get sicker and sicker.

"What's that?" Melanie asked, invested in what the woman was doing, having always found a love for being a doctor. Noshiko told her it was because of her kitsune powers to heal that she grew to love helping people, but Melanie's always wanted to be a doctor and now, staying at the McCalls, Melissa had been giving the girl little lessons.

Melissa sighed, flicking the syringe in her hand as she walked towards Hayden. "It's called chelation therapy. It removes heavy metals from the blood. But, the problem is, is that can injure the kidneys and Hayden only has one to begin with, so..." Melissa was cut off by Hayden groaning at the shot going in her, making Belle push herself off the wall she was leaning on. "Woah, you're hurting her."

Melissa turned to Belle, giving her a reassuring smile. "It's just like getting your blood drawn, don't worry."

Belle, slightly panicking, felt her claws grow. She quickly pushed her hands into a fist, her claws sinking into her palm as she nodded. Melanie, noticing the blood dripping from Belles hand, sighed, running to the table for disinfectant to clean her hands as she shook her head. "It's the full moon." Scott nodded in agreement with Melanie. "We can feel it even during the day. And it's a Supermoon."

"What is that supposed to make you guys, like super strong? Super aggressive?" Melissa asked and Melanie scoff as she wiped Belles hands. "Both." Melissa raised her brows, turning to Melanie as she gave a sarcastic smile. "Yay me." Melanie mumbled, side eyeing Belle, Liam and Scott.

...

"It's not working, is it?" Liam mumbled out as he watched Hayden grow paler, barely breathing. Melissa sighed, resting her hands on her hips as she shook her head. "She should be showing signs of improvement."