On Our Own

Melanie, Belle, Liam and Mason slowly walked towards Melissa who was standing at the nurses station, filling out a patient's file. "Melissa?" Melanie called and Melissa closed the file, turning her head and immediately smiling at Melanie and Belle

"Hey!" She cheered before noticing the paper bag in Belles hands and her mouth quickly made an 'o' shape. "Oh, my gosh. You four brought me dinner? That's really nice." Melissa said happily, going to take the bag out of Belles hands but the blonde pulled the bag away from Melissa's reach just before she could grab it. "No. It's not dinner."

Melissa's brows raised, her arms crossing as she gave Belle a warning look. "It's not dinner?" She asked and Melanie shook her head. "No, it's not." She said, making Melissa turned to her. As soon as the woman's eyes were on her, Melanie smiled, pulling a bag out from behind her back and handing it to Melissa. "This is dinner."

Melissa let out a grateful laugh, taking the bag from Melanie and wrapping an arm around the girls shoulders, kissing her head. "Thank you, sweetheart." She mumbled, making Melanie smile.

Melissa looked down at her bag with her dinner before turning to the bag in Belles hands, her brows creasing. "Then what's in that?"

"Definitely not dinner." Liam muttered only confusing and worrying Melissa more. Quickly, she snatched the bag out of Belles hand as she handed Melanie her bag of food. The woman peaked inside the bag with the rat and let out a small gasp, closing the bag back up and handing it to Belle.

"We were hoping you could take a look at it for us." Mason said and Melissa tilted her head in annoyance at him. "Well, I was hoping that I could eat some dinner. Now is not the time for a rat autopsy, so get this and yourselves out of here." She said, removing her arm from around Melanie's shoulders and instead pushing her and the rest of the teens towards the exit of the hospital.

Belles eyes went wide at Melissa's urgency to get them all out of the hospital. "No, but we really—" "No. Out." Melissa interrupted Belle before turning to Melanie, sending her another thankful smile. "Thank you for the dinner!"

Melanie smiled at Melissa as the four of them walked towards the elevator. As they walked towards the doors, they noticed two men standing in front of the elevator start to fight. "You started it!" One of the men yelled, pointing at the other man as he walked towards him.

The man being pointed at looked at the other angrily, pushing him back. "Back off!" He yelled as the other man's eyes widened, looking around the room to look for "witnesses", yelling, "Hey, now, that's called assault! Can I get security over here?"

Melanie turned to Liam with wide but amused eyes and Liam scoffed, tapping Mason's arm to get his attention. "Let's just walk behind that one." Liam said, pointing at the man that pushed the other guy. Mason looked at Liam and nodded. The four started to walk closer to the fight, trying to walk passed them.