The Voice

"Hey, it's me again

"Hey, it's me again. I, uh, don't know why you can't seem to call me back. Maybe it's because you think you're punishing me. But this is too long. It's too much. And it's not about us. Something's happening in Beacon Hills, to the people here. I just... I just, I need to know everyone there with you is okay, so can you just, please, call me, please? One call, that's all I'm asking for, and if you can't call me back, then... I'm going to get my answer, anyway. That means I'm coming up there myself. If I don't get a call from you, I'm coming up there. So just try, try to remember, it's my pack, too."

Melanie, Belle, Liam, Theo, Mason, and Scott stood around the front desk of the animal clinic, playing back a voicemail off of a phone Scott and Malia found on a body from a pack of werewolves in the woods.

Melanie could swear on her life she knew that voice, but she couldn't put a face to it. There were only certain words the voice said that sounded familiar to her.

"You pulled this off one of the bodies in the woods?" Belle asked from one of the two spiny chairs behind the front desk, Melanie sitting on the other chair while Liam and Mason were sitting on the desk on either side of the girls.

Melanie nodded her head at Belle's question, her eyes stuck on her hands as she thought about the voicemail. "Malia did." Melanie muttered. Scott turned to her, nodding his head. "Yeah, there were six dead bodies, and one of them had no face."

"Okay, so the one with no face, you think that's the woman on the phone?" Theo asked, leaning on the front desk. Melanie's brows furrowed. She shook her head and turned to Theo. "That wouldn't make sense. Why would she leave a voicemail to herself?" Melanie asked, not expecting Theo to answer. She turned back to Scott, nodding her head. "It's someone close to her."

Mason started to slowly nod in agreement. He grabbed the back of Melanie's chair and licked his lips. "It's the same thing that happened to Aaron. It took over his body, basically stole his face and his DNA." Mason said, spinning Melanie back and forth slightly, making the girl giggle.

"Which means this body is just half of the problem." Theo muttered. All eyes turned to him as he looked up at Belle. "The other half we already know about, Aaron." He added, pointing to Belle since she was there with him when he found out Aaron was the anuk-ite.

"We don't know where he is, though." Belle said, shrugging her shoulders as she looked up at Theo.

"But aren't we supposed to keep both halves apart? If we know about one half, let's just go for that one, that's Aaron." Theo explained. Melanie looked at the grounded at nodded. It was a good plan. From the other side of Belle, Mason opened and closed his mouth, part of him scared to say his next words.

"I'm not agreeing with Theo, but I do think it'd be easier to track down Aaron over a voice on a phone." Mason said, not meeting Liam's eyes. Melanie squinted and pursed her lips.

"That's agreeing with Theo." Melanie said and Liam groaned. Mason looked up at Liam and Melanie and shrugged innocently. "Yeah. But I thought I'd try to soften the blow a bit." Mason tried to reason. Theo's eyes widened as he looked back and forth between the three younger teens.