Leave Your Mark

"We're so late." Liam muttered as he parked his car in the school parking lot.

Melanie groaned at Liams words, quickly getting out of his car and speeding towards the school entrance, already knowing Belle would be there ready to yell at her. "And whose fault is that?" Melanie yelled as she walked, hearing Liam run to catch up to her.

"Yours." He said once he got to her, his hands going to either side of her waist from behind before he maneuvered them to have only one arm wrap around her as he walked beside her.

The Yukimura girl scoffed at Liams words, opening the door of the school for the two of them. "Says the one who wouldn't get out of bed."

Liam pointed at Melanie as he walked through the doors, grabbing her hand as he passed her to drag her to the library. "It's 1am! I have my reasons." Liam defended as they turned down a few hallways before walking into the library.

The couple looked around and up the stairs for their friends before quickly finding Belle, Mason, Corey and Gwen towards the front of the line for Senior Scribe. Melanie and Liam looked at each other before running up the stairs to get to Belle and the others.

When the finally reached them, Belle looked at the couple with wide eyes. "Jesus! What took you guys so long?" Belle groaned as Liam and Melanie walked up to her and the group. Melanie and Liams eyes widened, quickly pointing at each other. "It was his fault!" Melanie defended as Liam yelled a "It's her fault!" against her.

Belle looked back at forth between the two before groaning. "Whatever. It's almost our turn. Come on." She said, grabbing the couples arms and pulling them into the Senior Scribe line with her and the other three.

After a few seconds of arguing and a round of rock, paper, scissors to decide who would write their initials first, Liam was the first to get the marker and write his name in a shelf. As soon as he finished writing his initials, Liam handed the marker over to Melanie.

Just as Melanie was about to write her initials, Belle, who was after her, chuckled at Liams handwriting. "Nice handwriting, Dunbar. Did you get it from a second grader?" She smiled out sarcastically and Liams jaw dropped at her words.

"I do not have bad handwriting!" Liam whispered in defence towards Belle before he peaked over Melanie's shoulders to look back at his initials, his face faltering slightly. He gulped, leaning towards Melanie. "I don't have bad handwriting, right?" Liam asked and Belle snickered, Corey elbowing her in the arm to stop her, the Bryant boy also holding in his laugh at Liams messy handwriting.

Melanie looked down at the "L.D." she was about to write next to before looking up at Liam, sending him a reassuring smile. "I think it's cute." She whispered and Liam instantly smiled with her before turning to back, sticking his tongue out at her as Melanie looked back down to write her name.

She wrote her initials beside Liams, putting a small smiley face after it before handing the marker to Belle.

Belle slowly walked up to the shelf, surprisingly, she thought it was very important where she'd sign so she made sure to look around for the perfect spot.

A little higher up then Melanie and Liams initials was a spot that fit two names and Belle smiled, neatly writing her own initials before putting a "H.R." beside it. When she finished writing, Belle backed away from the shelf for a second to look at her and Hayden's initials.

Two days ago, Hayden left Beacon Hills. She didn't want to leave but she wanted to keep her sister safe and if that did mean leaving Beacon Hills, she did it.

Belle squinted at the initials before a faint smile grew on her lips as she walked back towards the shelf, drawing a small plus sign in the space between her and Hayden's initials. She backed away again, finally liking with the final product before handing the marker off to Corey.

As they watched Corey write, Liam grabbed Melanie's hand, squeezing it as he leaned back into the railing behind him. "We're gonna be Seniors." He whispered, a small smile on his face.

Melanie snickered slightly, watching as Corey handed the marker to Mason. "I know." She whispered back before looking up at Liam with a smile. "I can't believe Lydias mom is just... letting the six of us skip junior year."

Liam snickered at her words, pulling her hand so she was facing him completely as he moved his hands to her waist. "She said she wants us all out of high school and out of Beacon Hills as soon as possible." He sighed out and Melanie rose her chin higher, a small smirk growing on her face.

"Good thing that works with our plan." She said happily and Liam nodded. "Hopkins?" He asked, leaning closer to her face so his face and hers were inches apart as Melanie nodded as she hummed. "Hopkins." She answered before Liam pulled her into a kiss.

Melanie and Liam both were planning on going to John Hopkins University, Liam going for lacrosse and Melanie going for their medical program. The Yukimura girl thought, since she could already heal people, she could do a lot of good being a doctor.

"And done!" Gwen cheered happily after writing her initials, making Melanie and Liam pull away for their kiss. Melanie, Liam, Belle, Mason and Corey watched as Gwen looked at her new friend groups initials happily, handing the marker to the next boy, Nolan, before scurrying back to her group.

When Gwen got to the groups small huddle, the six started walking down the stairs of the library and to the exit of the school, all of them smiling, happy for a fresh start with a new school year.

They just hope nothing will happen.

—quick chapter!!!

ALSO VERY IMPORTANT ‼️‼️

also i'm making gwen a main because i love her and i say so🏃‍♀️