Family Troubles

"You said that since you made me watch Star Wars, I get to make you watch something

"You said that since you made me watch Star Wars, I get to make you watch something." Liam said as he and Melanie sat on Mel's bed.

Melanie chuckled, shrugging her shoulders. "I never said that." Liams jaw dropped in betrayal. "You liar!" Liam playfully yelled, tackling Melanie on her bed.

Melanie laughed loudly as Liam grabbed both of her hands, pinning them above her head. As their laughter died down, Melanie looked up at Liam as he looked down at her. Liams eyes traveled to Melanie's lips before looking back up to her eyes.

Suddenly, Liam let go of Melanie's hand, cupping her face and leaning down into a kiss. Melanie hummed, wrapping her arms around his neck to pull him down closer.

The couple was cut off by Melanie's bedroom door being swung open. Mel and Liam instantly jumped apart, turning to see who came in. Mel gasped at the sight of Belle, dirt and blood covering her body.

"Jesus Christ Belle!" Melanie yelped, jumping back on her bed as Belle tiredly stumbled into Melanie's room, falling onto her beanbag chair.

"What happened to you?" Liams asked as Belle sighed. "A big monster attacked me and Hayden. I fell off a cliff and was paralyzed. Now I'm just tired." Belle muttered. Melanie turned to Liam with wide eyes when a loud snore escaped from Belle.

The pair whipped their heads to Belle as Liam gasped, squinting at her. "How did she fall asleep so fast?!" Liam whisper yelled, not wanting to wake up Belle.

Melanie sighed, falling back down onto her bed as Liam fell on after her, wrapping his arms around her waist. "No clue."

...

"I went to the club looking for Hayden, and there's Josh. Standing there. Completely alive. Just like Hayden. Because of Theo." Belle explained to Mason what she had told Mel and Liam the night before after she woke up as they walked through the he halls to help with the library cleanup.

"Theo brought them both back." Liam said, making Masons eyes grow wide. "That's what he's doing. He's, he's building a pack." Mel nodded her head before her face scrunched in disgust. "His own pack of... dead Chimeras."

"They both looked pretty alive to me. But they're not the same. There was something about Hayden. There's something wrong about her." Belle said and Mel turned to her, her brows creased. "Maybe that's what dying does to you." Mason nodded as he looked at the ground, licking his lips as he pointed at Melanie. "Mel's onto something. What if it, what if it like darkens your soul. What if they're all evil now?"

The sound of the school doors opening made the four look up. Melanies face softened at Corey as he smiled brightly at the four. "Hey, guys!" Corey cheered happily, making Mel smile, leaning towards the three. "But how can he be evil?"