Hiding Something

Melanie watched from one of the aisles in the library as Nolan walked in

Melanie watched from one of the aisles in the library as Nolan walked in. Heads turned and whispers started to seep around the room. Nolan froze at the kids around him and Melanie felt a small sting of happiness, glad that Nolan is getting a taste of his own medicine.

Nolan texted Melanie earlier in the morning, asking if she could meet with him in the library during their free period. Alone.

Melanie said she'd meet with him, but he was crazy if he really thought Melanie would meet with him alone. Liam was one aisle over, hidden with his nose in a book so Nolan wouldn't see him.

Nolan's eyes stayed fixated on all the other students eyes on him as he backed into the aisle he was supposed to meet Melanie in. Melanie watched him with raised brows, her arms crossed and a small smirk on her face.

"Doesn't feel good, does it?" Melanie asked, making Nolan jump, a small yelp passing through his lips as he turned around. Nolan calmed down when he realized it was just Melanie and walked further into the aisle. "You know why they're looking at you like that?" Melanie asked and Nolan looked around the library before turning back to her.

"They're afraid of me?" He asked and Melanie shook her head. "They're afraid of what you're gonna say, and who you're gonna say it to. Nobody trusts you anymore." Melanie snapped and Nolan shook his head, taking a step closer to Melanie. "Then why are you here? How come you texted me back?" Nolan asked and Melanie immediately took an angry step closer to him, catching Nolan off guard, his eyes widening at how fast her demeanor changed.

"Cause maybe this time I'll kick your ass." Melanie warned before she sarcastically pursed her lips and shrugged. "Or maybe I'll just go all Kill Bill on your ass and use my katana."

Nolan quickly shook his head, holding his hands up out to Melanie in almost a pleading manner. "I said I was going to help. I can show you something. Something I know you're gonna wanna see."

Melanie squinted at Nolan, her eyes falling just past him to Liam, who was peaking over from the next aisle over, his brows furrowed in confusion. Melanie quickly looked back up at Nolan. "Where?"

"At the hospital." Nolan said, visibly calming. Melanie on the other hand, didn't calm. She did not want to go anywhere with Nolan.

"Why don't you just tell me what it is?" Melanie asked and Nolan shook his head. He looked up and down the aisle to see if anyone was listening in before he leaned closer to Melanie. "Because I have a plan." Nolan whispered.

Melanie held back her chuckle, raising her brows in curiosity and amusement. "You have a plan?" She asked and Nolan nodded again. "Yeah. Yeah, I... I'm gonna show you what you need to see at the hospital. Then you're gonna kick my ass so Miss Monroe thinks that you had to beat the information out of me."

"Yeah, I'm good with that plan." Liam said, walking into the aisle to make his presence known. Nolan's eyes widened, watching Liam for a couple seconds before he turned back to Melanie, his mouth opening and closing.