The Nogitsune chuckled, turning around to face Derek's son. He started walking towards the boy, making him tense, not wanting the spirit to touch him.

"Don't be afraid." Derek advised his son, who shook his head, trying to act calm. "Oh, of this guy? No, no way." He said before the Nogitsune raised his hand and started to touch Eli's face. "Oh, my God, he's touching me!"

"The son of Derek Hale. But not a wolf yet, is he?" The fox asked before a faint, but familiar roar made Liam, Derek, Malia and Eli's eyes glow. Even though Melanie Theo's eyes didn't glow with the four, they as well as Noah, Deaton and Mason, knew it was Scott who roared.

Melanie started to worry about Scott. She didn't know where he was, but he wasn't around where she was. He could be in danger.

"Eli, did you see that? Did you see your eyes?" Derek asked his son excitedly, a big smile on his face at the sight of Eli's eyes glowing gold. Eli looked at his dad with furrowed brows as he caught his breath, the gold in his eyes slowly fading away back to their normal color.

"How the hell am I supposed to see my eyes? They're the things I use to see." Eli asked, making Melanie rolled her eyes and turn to look up at Liam beside her. "Holy shit. He's just like Stiles." She muttered. Liam looked down at her, a faint smile on his face as he nodded his head in agreement.

As he looked into Melanie's eyes longer, Liam's gaze softened and he visibly relaxed. "You didn't answer my question earlier." He whispered, even though most of the people around his had enhanced hearing and could hear what he was saying. Melanie's brows furrowed, a confused smile slowly growing on her face. "What?"

"Are you okay?" Liam repeated, looking Melanie up and down for any injuries before he looked back into her eyes.

Melanie's eyebrows raised and her eyes widened at Liam's persistence and visual worry. She blinked a couple of times before she gave him a reassuring smile. "Yeah... Yeah, I'm okay." She whispered, her eyes guiltily falling down to Liam's lips for a split second.

She quickly looked back up into Liam's eyes, hoping the boy didn't notice. "Are you okay?" Melanie asked, her voice was quiet and softer and her breath fanning across Liams face due to theirs close proximity.

Liam's mouth opened and closed. He looked down his body as if he didn't already know the answer before he looked back to Melanie. Their noses brushed for a second time and just like the first time, they both blushed.

"Yeah, I'm good." Liam whispered to Melanie. The girl broke into a big smile at his words. Liam felt the butterflies he's felt in his stomach thousands—hell, millions of times because of Melanie.

Eli's screaming, made Melanie and Liam turn away to each other and to the younger boy. "Let's put one of the players back in the game." The Nogitsune roared out. They watched as the fox spirit ripped Eli out of his restraints and through him ff the edge of the architecture.

Eli screamed as he flew through the air when suddenly, he disappeared into blue smoke. Melanie blinked in shock. She didn't know the Nogitsune had so much power, he didn't use any of these fifteen years ago when she and the pack fought him.

The Nogitsune started walking down the steps of the architecture and towards Melanie, Liam, and Theo. He smiled menacingly as he walked closer and closer to Melanie, eyeing only her.

"Melanie Yukimura... We meet again." His voice was low and Melanie kept her eyes in front of her, especially when the Nogitsune crouched down beside her. "How is your mother?" The spirit asked and Melanie clenched her jaw. She didn't notice it, but Liam did too.

A week before her graduation, Melanie finally decided to make the first move and reach out to her parents, inviting them to her ceremony. After Belle's death, Melanie didn't want to lose more people.