Returning to School (Chapter 20)

Hitoshi POV

  I woke up to movement next to me, when I opened my eyes Eri was gone and Aizawa was exiting my room. I checked the time seeing it was around the time to get ready for school so I got up and got ready for school, I knew I should be resting but I couldn't be wasting time when the end of our first year was approaching. Once I was changed and hidden my features I joined everyone else downstairs "Hitoshi, what are you doing up you should be resting," Yamada said worriedly. I shrug in response before sitting down on the couch with my bag next to me. Aizawa sighed before sitting next to me "Hitoshi, you're hurt, you're not going to school," he said, I looked at him before grabbing my notepad from my pocket and wrote 'I'm fine, I want to be a hero and I can't be one if I can't handle a few injuries as well as fail my first year for being weak' I showed him once I was finished. He sighs before shaking his head "Resting does not make you weak and I understand, that is why I'm not going to stop you but please if anything becomes too much come to me or Hizashi," he says and I nod before getting up as we prepared to leave.

  We arrived at school shortly after dropping Eri off at school, just as we all feared reporters and paparazzi were surrounding the gates. We pulled into the parking lot and pushed past all the reporters as well as the paparazzi as they tried to harass us. Once we entered the school I felt all my anxiety rise as I saw the student-filled halls and all their attention was on me. Aizawa and Yamada both placed a comforting hand on my shoulder both giving me a nod before we walked through the now-silent hall and headed to our respected class. As we neared our classes Aizawa spoke up "I think we should stop by my class and let everyone know you're okay," he said and I looked at him before taking a breath, I nodded in agreement before following him to his class.

  We stood outside the door hearing the quiet voices inside before Aizawa opened the door. He stepped inside and I followed while Yamada stood at the door, I tried to avoid eye contact before failing and made eye contact with everyone. Everyone had fallen quiet and now stared at me, a few had tears coming from their eyes while others showed visible relief. Iida was the first to speak up "Well I'll be the first to say, it's such a relief to see you Shinsou," he says before giving me a gentle hug, I gratefully returned the hug before he returned to his seat. Soon the room filled with everyone giving their verbal relief and happiness about my return, soon it turned into a group hug. Once everyone settled back into their seats Aizawa spoke up "We're all very glad to have Hi-Shinsou back but I think the first thing we need to go over is Shinsou's injury, he has unfortunately received a severe neck injury preventing him from speaking, so until it has healed he will not be joining us in any training session," Aizawa explains. Everyone nodded in understanding giving sympathetic looks, I bowed and signed thank you before dismissing myself from the room.

  For the remainder of the day, everyone avoided me like the plague, people stayed at least 3 feet away from me, and no one dared to touch me. During lunch, I sat on the roof with class 1A while cuddling Katsuki, everyone spoke about how grateful they were to see me, and it was so painful to think they lost seat number 21. When the day ended, it was a pain to get back to the car with the reporters and paparazzi still waiting. At home we watched TV all day, purposely ignoring the news, we ate dinner which I could only eat very little of thanks to my injury before we decided to call it a day. Everything felt so calm but it felt as if this way only the calm before the storm and something much worse was going to happen soon.