No...Alive (Chapter 18)

Hitoshi POV

  My whole body jerked painfully as I coughed up water, I panted painfully as I glanced around, half my body was still in the water so I carefully but painfully pulled myself out. I looked around seeing I was still in the woods, I looked towards the water seeing a lake with a giant waterfall, I must have fallen from that, up there was probably the river I fell into. It was still morning so it must haven't been that long, I painfully stood almost falling again, I look at my ankle seeing my ankle was definitely broken. The adrenaline was starting to run off and I could start to feel the unbearable pain I was in, I also took notice cold wet clothes were soaking in my blood, I press a hand to my neck and cried out painfully in pain. I continued to hold pressure in hopes I wouldn't die from blood loss, I spotted the piece of scarf that was torn from my scarf floating in the water. I quickly rush through the water and grabbed it before going back to land, I wrap the 2 feet of the scarf around my neck, not too tightly but firmly, this would temporarily stop the blood. Once I took care of that I look over my wounds, I had a few stab wounds from the fight, I had a broken ankle, broken wrist, fractured shoulder, most likely a few broken ribs, a deep gash on my side from a rock, a head injury that was bleeding, and my cut-throat. I looked over my tail it had a few cuts and my ears were also cut, I needed to get out of there as soon as possible before I collapsed from my wounds. I used my broken wrist to apply pressure on my gash on my side while I used my other to help me hold onto trees to walk, this was going to take a while but I wasn't going to stop until I got out of here.

  It felt like forever until I made it out of the woods, I was on an interstate so I limped down it painfully as cars ignored me. I walked down the road for about an hour until I made it to a town, I didn't recognize the town, it definitely wasn't home but it will have to do. I received many stares from people as I walked down the sidewalk trying to find the nearest hospital, no one offered help, and no one stopped, it was truly sad. I sighed in relief as a hospital finally comes into view, I was starting to feel everything, and I didn't know how long I could continue on. I entered the hospital and limp to the front desk, the nurse looks up at me before their eyes widen horrified. "P-p-please help me," I manage out before I collapse to the floor, I tried my best to continue to stay awake but I couldn't help but rest, I was in the hospital now I was safe, I could go home, reluctantly my eyes shut.

  I slowly open my eyes to see a white ceiling, I reluctantly looked around, and painfully, I was in a hospital room and in hospital clothes. I slowly sat up whimpering in pain as I did "Hey slow down," I hear someone say, I look towards the voice just now seeing a nurse that was in the room. I go to speak but she stops me "You received quite an injury to your throat, I don't want you to speak, you'll use this notepad to speak," she says as she hands me a notepad and pen. I nod painfully, "We don't know who you are, so can you please tell us your name so we can contact your family," she asks and I nod before writing down my name. She smiles before getting up I quickly get her attention 'When you call my family can you call them from here, I want to hear them,' I wrote and she smiles before nodding. She comes back a few minutes later with a number written on a piece of paper and a phone, she sits on the edge of the bed "What's their names," she asks 'Shouta Aizawa and Hizashi Yamada, they are my foster parents,' I wrote and she nods. She dials the number before putting the phone on loudspeaker we listen to it ring before someone picks up "Hello," I hear Aizawa say his voice tired and broken. The nurse greets herself and the name of the hospital along with the town name, which was just the next town over, asking who she was speaking to. 'This is Shouta Aizawa, can I help you,' he asks "Yes Mr. Aizawa, we have recently gotten a patience saying they're your foster child and are requesting you as well Hizashi Yamada to come here," the nurse says. There was silence and a background voice, I believe it was Yamada, 'There must be a mistake, what is their name,' he asks sounding surprised and worried "Their name is Hitoshi Shinsou," the nurse says and I can hear a gasp from Yamada. 'A-are you sure, can we speak to them,' Yamada asks desperately "They unfortunately received a severe neck injury and is unable to speak but I can translate what they say," the nurse says and I smile before I start writing. I hear their muffled voices talking in the background 'Yes, please,' Aizawa says, she looks over what I wrote before speaking "Aizawa, Yamada, it's really me, I don't really remember much, it all happened so fast, it would mean the world to me if y'all came here and be by my side, I don't want to admit this but I'm scared, please just come here as soon as you can and please bring Katsuki," she reads out loud what I wrote. The other line is quiet before we hear a muffled sob "We're coming Toshi, we'll bring him, we're on our way," Yamada says it was very clear he was crying. Once we bid our goodbyes the nurse left, I sat there for a bit in my thoughts, I really was scared and I hated to admit it but I was, I just needed them right now.

  It was a little bit later, and they still weren't there but I had faith in them that they were on their way, I just sat there on the hospital bed staring out the window. The door swings open making me look towards the door, I see Katsuki, Aizawa, and Yamada staring at me in shock, I smile softly at them. Katsuki rushes towards me before bringing me into a tight hug, it hurt but I didn't care, I hugged him back as best I could, Yamada was the next to quickly hug me before Aizawa slowly joins almost unsure if I was there. They were all crying and I was too, to be honest, but not as much, "We thought you died," Yamada sobs I hugged them closer before we all finally separated. Katsuki sits next to me on one side, Yamada sits at my feet on the other side from Katsuki, and Aizawa sits in the chair next to my bed, there was a small knock before the nurse enters. "Hello, I am the nurse you talked to on the phone, I wanted to talk to y'all about his injuries," she says and they nod for her to continue "He has several stabs wounds, a fractured shoulder, 4 broken ribs, a broken wrist, a broken ankle, a deep gash on his side, a concussion, and a throat injury, we're going to keep him here overnight but he'll be released tomorrow morning," she says smiling softly before bowing and taking her leave. "You scared the shit out of us," Katsuki says as he carefully runs his hands through my hair, I lean into his touch "It's a miracle you survived, everyone saying you were dead from the impact of hitting the water," Aizawa says frowning. I grab my notepad before writing 'It hurt like a motherfucker though,' I write with a mute chuckle, they force a smile "What happened," Aizawa asks. I shrug before writing 'I was fighting the villain and then after I knocked him out I got slung over the cliff before someone caught me I thought it was Midoriya but it turned out it was Toga and she slashed my throat before kicking me off the cliff, then everything went black after hitting the water,' they frown. I yawned softly, the blood loss, the concussion, the stress, and the desperation of trying to survive were really tiring "Try to sleep for now," Yamada says and I nod before slipping under blankets letting sleep consume me.