Foster Home (Chapter 8)

Hitoshi POV

  I slowly woke up my body was aching from the position I was in, the floor was very uncomfortable, and my head was pounding. I slowly pulled out my phone seeing it was around 4:00, I reluctantly got off the floor and made my way upstairs. I entered the bathroom and stripped myself of my clothes, I stepped into the warm shower letting the water wash over my sore body. I wince in pain as the water hit the back of my head, I notice a little bit of the water was turning red, I curse to myself quietly, I guess I busted my head open when I fell. I continued my shower washing my wounds, my hair, my ears, my tail, and my body, my body hurt but it felt nice and relaxing. Once I finished I stepped out of the shower and put my clothes back on after drying off, I styled my hair to hide my ears and then hid my tail under my clothes before grabbing my stuff and leaving for school.

  I quietly walked to school, I felt numb I guess, I felt so tired and was hurting so bad, my head was pounding still. I arrived at the gates seeing students piling in through the gates, I wince in pain at the loudness before forcing myself through the crowd. I quietly walked to my locker, I could see people's mouths move, some talking towards me, some pushing me, but it all blended in together I couldn't really tell what was going on. Before I knew it I was standing next to my locker, I was facing Bakugou, he had his hands on my arms, he was looking at me concerned and was talking but I couldn't tell what he was saying. I blinked a couple of times before finally coming back to my senses "-ags, are even listening to me," he says his voice in a fake annoyed tone. "Huh," I say, he sighs "Are you okay, you look a little dazed, did something happen," he asks, I shook my head which I regretted since my head was pounding "I'm fine," I say before opening my locker and grabbing what I need. "Listen, I think we need to talk, I wanted to te-," he starts to say "Ah sorry Bakugou, I need to go, I'll talk to you later," I say before leaving, I go to class, and wait for this day to end.

  The day comes to an end and I walked quietly to my locker, once I got what I needed I began to leave, I wasn't going to go train, I didn't need that embarrassment. I walked towards the gates and silently cursed to myself as I saw Aizawa and Mic Sensei, standing next to the gates, I tried to ignore them but got stopped. "Shinsou, we need to talk to you," Aizawa says "Sorry, I need to go," I say trying to walk away, "It's very important, we need to talk to you," Aizawa says again "Sorry I need to get back to my place," I say before quickly walking off. My head was hurting so bad, I honestly just wanted to cry, I quickly walked back to my place before locking myself inside. The house was quiet but it reeked of cigarettes and alcohol, I could even smell blood but that was from my cat's senses, there was no telling where that smell was coming from. I quietly go to my room and searched through the mess to see if I had any clothes that weren't torn, I was able to find a couple of shirts, a pair of jeans, and 2 pairs of boxers. I changed clothes, I sighed in relief as I was finally able to get out of my school uniform, I grabbed some of my homework and go downstairs, I sit on the living room floor and began to do the work.

  It was now 2 hours later, I had finished my homework and was now laying on the couch in hopes to get rid of the roaring headache. I was about to doze off when there was a knock on the door, I raised an eyebrow in confusion, no one ever comes over, why now? I quietly stand up before hiding my features and opening the door, it took every will in my body not to close it again, there stood Aizawa, Mic, and an unfamiliar woman. "Can I help you," I ask, "May we come in and we can discuss some things," the woman speaks up, I reluctantly nod before letting them in. I led them to the living room and sat down on one couch while they sat on another, "The reason we are here is that we have reason to believe this home is not suitable for you to live in," Aizawa says. "What makes you say that," I ask looking between the 3 of them "Well the obvious bruising," the woman says, "The actual sight of verbal and physical abuse," Aizawa adds, "And the fact you pretended to be our cat just to receive some kind of care and affection," Mic also adds. I flinch at their words, especially at Mic's words, I nod slowly "Ok, so what are y'all going to do about it," I ask after some hesitation, "Well we want to discuss things with your parents, are they here," the woman asks. I scoff "Don't bother with them, they left," I say looking away from them, I curse internally to myself as I spot where one of the sources of blood smell came from, it was where I hit the ground from the balcony. "What do you mean they left," Aizawa asks, "I mean they left, they said they were leaving and they didn't want me anymore before they packed up and left," I say sighing. "So you just here by yourself," the woman asks, I nod "That is correct," I respond, "Why didn't you ask for help or anything," Aizawa asks, "Because no one ever cares, I tried before they either told me it was I deserve or that I was lying, so I just stopped trying," I say sighing. "We believe you, why don't you come live with us, you can't be here by yourself, you'll get put in the system," Aizawa says, Mic nods in agreement, "I don't know," I say softly "We came here to help you, we were planning to leave with you anyways, we want you and care for you, if we didn't we wouldn't be here," Mic says. "I-I guess if it's not any trouble," I say "You're not going to be any trouble," Aizawa says, I nod "Well I have some paperwork y'all need to sign so y'all can foster him, and then y'all can grab his stuff and leave, since you adopted Eri, I don't need to do any house checks," the woman says before walking away.

  I went to my room as they sign the paperwork, I grabbed a bag a packed the few things I can still use. Once I packed which was only the clothes I found earlier, a few loveys, some makeup, my school stuff including my uniform, and a couple of other things. I was about to leave when I saw the bottle of pills still on the floor, I glance towards the door before grabbing them, and I stuffed them into the bottle of my bag before leaving my room. I silently walked down the stairs as I saw them standing around the blood spot, Aizawa was kneeling next to it while the other two were a few feet distance from it. Aizawa was saying something before looking up towards the balcony to continue his point before he stopped talking seeing me, making the other two look towards me as well. I didn't say anything I just continued down the stairs and joined them, "May we leave," I say softly, they nod before we all left, I put my stuff in their car and got in, they exchange a few words before they separated.

  The car ride was quiet all the way to their house, I was very thankful for that, once we arrived we got out and entered. Midnight and Eri were sitting on the couch watching tv "Hi Shinsou," Eri says excitedly, I smile softly and wave at her "Hey Eri," I say. "Eri, Shinsou here will be staying with us for a bit," Mic says smiling, Eri's smile brightens "Really, I always wanted an older brother," she says excitedly, I blush in embarrassment. They all chuckle "Shinsou your room in the guest bedroom," Aizawa says and I nod before leaving, I enter the room seeing it was recently cleaned, and I could smell the cleaning products. I quietly and hesitantly unpacked my stuff, I put my clothes in the dresser in the room, I put my loveys on my bed, my makeup on the desk, and more stuff on the shelves. I came to the bottle of pills, I glanced around the room, and I notice there was a small gap between the bottom of the dresser and the floor, I quickly hid the pills there before sitting on the bed.

  A little bit later there was a knock on the door, the door opened and Aizawa poked his head in "Hey, I wanted to let you know dinner is ready," he says, I nod before getting up. I followed him into the kitchen, we all sat at the table, and with some hesitation, I began eating with them, we finished a little bit later. We all sat in the living room "I'm sorry," I say all of a sudden after we sat there for a bit in silence, "For what," Aizawa asked confused "For the whole cat thing," I said with some hesitation. "It's okay, kid, we understand," Aizawa says and Mic nods in agreement "What cat thing," Eri asks confused, the husbands glance at each other "Well Eri, you know that cat you took care of for a couple of days," I say. She nods "Well the cat was actually me, I have a hidden quirk that can cause me to turn into a cat," I explain "Wait, so your Toshi," she asks and I nod "I am Toshi," I say. She frowns "Aww but I really like Toshi," she pouts "I'm still Toshi, Eri, I'm just in human form and you said it yourself Toshi was just like me but as a cat," I say smiling softly, she smiles brightly "Yeah, your right," she says "If you ever miss cat Toshi, I can always change back," I say and she smiles brighter, "Really," she asks and I nod.

  We sit there for a bit in silence before Aizawa spoke up this time "Shinsou," he says and I look at him "Yes," I ask. "When we found out you were Toshi, we saw a glimpse that you, human you had some features similar to a cat," he says, I chuckle and nod "That is correct," I say "So are you hiding them, can you hide them at will," Aizawa asks "I can't hide them at will, they are a more permanent thing but I do hide them with my hair and clothes," I explain. "Can we see them," Mic asks, I chuckle again before nodding, I run my hands over my hair pushing my hair down but causing my ears to stand up, they were more noticeable, I slightly lift my shirt causing my tail to unwind itself from my waist. My ears twitched and my tail popped side to side, both Eri and Mic squealed, "Awwe you are so cute," Mic says, I blush in embarrassment. Aizawa hesitantly holds out his hand and hesitantly put my head in his hand, I purred softly as he pet my head and ears, Eri gently strokes my tail, while Mic pets my other ear. I was blushing so much in embarrassment but it was too relaxing to pull away, I was purring so much, I gently pulled away from them, "You are so adorable," Aizawa chuckles. I pout softly "Am not," I mumble "Oh but you are," Mic coos, I huff in fake annoyance, we watched tv for a bit before we decided to go to bed.