Ch25|♡Severus

"Are you for real? An apprentice?!"

"That's what I said."

"Merlin.. that's amazing, (Y/n)!" Cedeic gave you a tight hug, and you hugged him back.

"What's Professor going to think? Do you think he knows?"

"I have a feeling Professor Dumbledore would be one step ahead."

Cedric simply laughed at that.

-----

[Snape pov]

"So.. (Y/n)."

"Yes, sir?" The girl questioned as she put down her cup of coffee. There was nothing to do anymore as she had nothing to study for.

It was just her, me, and two cups of coffee.

"About your future job-"

"Yeah?"

"Did you have anything in mind?" From what Albus has told me, (Y/n) had changed her mind on being a Herbologist. Then he brought up the fact that I could have an apprentice.

It wasn't hard for me to understand what he was implying, I just had to make sure the girl was okay with it first.

"Well, I-"

"If not, you're always welcome to stay."

I'm not sure what I was thinking and why I thought it was a good idea, but I just cut her off. I cut the damn girl off!

"Ah?"

"Oh bloody hell. Albus told me you changed your mind on being a Herbologist. He suggested that you be my apprentice-"

"Am aware."

What? How was that possible?

"He let me know already. I just never brought it up in case you couldn't stand my insufferable ass any longer." (Y/n) joked. "I.. hoped to be your assistant, but my grades are still too crap."

Well, I'll be damned. There's that out of the way now. From the look she was giving me, I probably had a weird look on my face by now, but I could care less. She's staying. She'll be my apprentice. She'll be here. Staying. For a decent while. She's staying here with me.

"I look forward to working with you, (Y/n)."

"So do I." She replied. After a decent while, she looked at the clock ticking on the wall. "I have to go now, Professor. I know parties are never your thing, but I hope to see you tonight?"

"I'll think about it." It was the final day of school. By tomorrow afternoon, all the students will have left Hogwarts for summer break. For the 7th Years, tonight would be their last night here. "Have a good night."

There was a graduation party for all the 7th Year tonight and all staff were invited. I was never a big fan of parties. If I wasn't required to show, I wouldn't. But this was different for a change. (Y/n) was going to be there.

Even though I was going to see her for possibly the upcoming 10 years of my life, this was the last time I got to say goodbye to her as a student. By next term, I won't be welcoming her as a student, but as my apprentice, and finally, I admit, as my friend.

A friend. Something I never thought I would ever have in my entire life other than Lily and possibly Minerva and Albus. I made friends with someone else. Someone new. I was no longer alone now.

Oh, come on, it wasn't that bad! I just accidentally stirred the potions an extra time and created a reaction between ingredients that would bubble up and explode, thus putting our lives at risk.