Ch14|♡Happy Birthday

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -

You awoke to a beautiful morning, the winter breeze still lingering lightly in the air.

It was Snape's birthday.

You quickly got ready and headed down to the hall, sitting down at the Hufflepuff table.

"Good morning, (Y/n)!" Some students greeted.

"Morning!"

"Someone's in a good mood today.. did something happen?"

"Nothing in particular." You replied with a cheeky smile.

"You sure?" Another teased. "Did you get a boyfriend and aren't telling us?"

"Who on earth would even like me-"

Before you could finish, another boy came in from the entrance and took a seat a bit further from you.

"Wow. I'm surprised Diggory isn't sitting with you." Someone whispered from behind you.

You turned your head to see Fred Weasley sitting from the Gryffindor table.

"Fred! Good morning." You laughed. "I didn't notice you were there."

"I'm here too, y'know?" George pitched in.

"Sorry, geez." You giggled.

"So? Our question?"

"Hm? What?" You lifted an eyebrow until finally remembering what Fred had stated earlier. "Oh.. right. About that-"

"Don't tell me you're dating these two, (Y/n)!" The Hufflepuffs suddenly said, catching your attention once more.

"Ew! No!" You immediately added.

-----

[Cedric pov]

Why is she so calm about this.. she acts like nothing happened between us.

Does she really not care at all?

What about me..

-----

[Yn pov]

"Cedric, wait up!" I yelled, immediately rushing out of the potions classroom. It was the last class of the day.

Cedric had rushed right out of the classroom, avoiding me, I suppose, and I quickly followed, leaving all my belongings in the classroom.

I'm sure Professor Snape will help me hang on to them until I go over tonight to give him his gift.

"Miss (L/n)-" I briefly heard him start before his voice grew weak. I have no clue what happened next, but none of it mattered as of now.

I had to fix things.

I had to get to Cedric.

"Yes, (Y/n)?" He stopped in his tracks, though his back was still facing me.

"I'm.. sorry." I muttered. "I really, really am sorry."

Cedric paused for a moment, though visibly slumping as he exhaled a long sigh.

"Cedric.. I never meant to make you feel left out. There's just been a lot on my mind.."

"Yeah?" He asked, turning his head so I could see most of his face, the pained expression more visible than ever. "Like?"

"Could we talk in your room..?" I asked softly, stepping closer every second.

"..yeah."

-----

[Severus pov]

Right as I dismissed the class, Diggory went sprinting out of the classroom while (Y/n) followed, leaving all her things behind.

"Miss (L/n)-" I stopped myself as I saw the desperation on her face as she called for Diggory.

I felt my lips twitch upwards as I tried my very best to suppress it. No one needed to see me having a soft spot for a student.

She had things to fix, friendships to rebuild. I wasn't going to get in the way of it or meddle with her attempt.

She'll be back for her things tonight, it'll be fine.

-----

[Yn pov]

"That's a lot to take in.." Cedric muttered.

I had finished telling him about mostly everything about Professor Snape and I, only cutting out the unnecessary details of that uneasy feeling I get in my stomach when I'm with him.

"I know." I replied. "Again, I know it's no excuse. I'm really sorry."

"It's.. fine. I suppose I've been asking for more than you could give."

"Friends..?"

"Yeah." Ced replied with a warm smile. "Do you wanna stay or do you have stuff to do?"

"I have a small errand to run, but I'll be back in 15 minutes if you're up for it?"

"Deal."

-----

I quickly dashed to Professor Snape's office as I barged inside.

"Merlin! Knock next time, (Y/n)." He sighed. "You almost gave me a heart attack."

"Sorry, Professor." I giggled.

"So, how did it go?"

"It went.. surprisingly well." I told him. "Thank you."

"Whatever did I do?"

"Well.. you gave me the courage to face him. You made me realise I was in the wrong."

He gave a small smile.

"I presume you're here for your things?" He asked, reaching under his work desk and grabbing my stuff.

"Yes, thank you for helping me hold on to them."

"You're welcome."

I grabbed my books and my bag, though leaving one parcel on his table.

"Goodnight, Professor." I said, turning on my heels and beginning to walk towards the door.

"(Y/n) you left something-" Professor Snape got out of his seat as I reached the doorknob, placing my hand on it.

"Hm?" I turned around to see him holding the parcel. "Oh, no, that's for you. Happy birthday, Professor."

With a quick turn of my wrist, I swiftly opened the door and headed out, leaving Professor Snape probably clueless.

-----

[Snape pov]

A gift.. for me?

I haven't gotten a birthday gift in forever.

I slowly started opening the parcel in my hands..

It was a cup. One that looked just like the one I used to drink my coffee from before the mug broke.

But there was something different about this.

In cursive, next to the handle of the mug, in black bold letters, there was a sentence.

'I trust you. Always.'

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -