Ch09|♡In Love

"Professor! Help!"

"What is it this time?!" Snape scowled light-heartedly as he headed over.

He stood behind the girl as he watched her helpless self, trying her best to reach the top.

"Get down, I'll do it."

"Thank yo-"

The stool tumbled, bringing the girl down with her.

When she came to her senses, she was now on top of her professor, pinning him down to the floor.

It was like any typical K-Drama, any typical romance movie. But yet, it did happen.

"S-Sorry Professor! Gosh, I'm clumsy." (Y/n) said, immediately getting up as she slurred through her words in utter shock.

"I-It's quite alright." Snape replied as he helped himself up as well.

"I'll go back before I break anything else."

"A-Alright."

-----

[Snape pov]

"Get down, I'll do it."

"Thank yo-" As (Y/n) tried to get down, the stool tilted slightly and she started falling forward.

She landed on me with her hands pressed against my chest, laying on top of me.

I felt my face heat up as my cheeks definitely flushed red.

She quickly scrambled and helped herself up as I did the same, apologizing over and over.

"I'll go back before I break anything else." She told me.

"A-Alright." I replied as I watched her leave. I went into the storage cupboard to get the ingredients, panting heavily behind the closed door.

I.. that was.. surely something.

I felt a pounding in my chest as the memories played in my mind once more, making my face heat up even more as blush made its way down from my face to my neck.

What is this feeling..

-----

[3rd person pov]

The rest of the session was seemingly awkward. Whenever their hands brushed against each other, when they tried to get the ingredients, they immediately flinched and avoided each others gaze. Honestly, it was worse than second-hand embarrassment.

Snape had an uneasy feeling lurking in his stomach, though he still couldn't explain what it was.

Meanwhile, (Y/n) had mixed feelings. She was sure she didn't enjoy that experience, but she for sure didn't hate it. She was growing beyond confused, and once she thought she finally wiped away the indirect kiss memory, there happens to be another incident.

These two were both ignorant, I tell you. They were as oblivious as (Y/n) not noticing Cedric's feelings towards her.

Speaking of which, if Cedric found out, the girl knew she'd be doomed.

After the potion was made, Snape no longer offered the girl coffee, and she didn't ask either. She just rushed out with a quick, simple 'goodnight' and that was it.

Snape was finally left alone in the room until he noticed her textbook on his table.

'This forgetful girl.' He thought to himself, picking it up as he slowly went through the first page just to make sure.

Unexpectedly, on the first page, besides the text of '(Y/n)(L/n)', there was also a little scribble in the far corner.

The scribble covering a doodle of what seemed to be Professor Snape.

"Well.. sh!t." He muttered. Finally, he decided to go do one last thing to be sure.

After a whole night or brewing, Snape had created another potion to test his suspicions.

He brought his nose to the cauldron as he sniffed it lightly.

"That's.. that's not right. That's so not right."

He tried again but failed to find the familiar scent he was used to smelling.

Why wasn't it honeysuckle and cherries..? Why wasn't it the smell of Lily? Why was it now the smell of (Y/n)?

-----

[Yn pov]

The next day, I was extremely late to potions. I kept trying to make Cedric late with me by coming up with lame excuses like I needed the bathroom.

Though he eventually got me to the classroom and I sat down next to him, avoiding Professor's gaze the whole lesson.

"We will be covering Amortentia once more, seeing as most of you failed the last time we brewed this potion." He said in his velvet voice.

It was true. A lot of people failed, which made me stand out exceedingly last time. I just hope I was in the right mindset to brew a love potion.

After a whole lesson of brewing, I finally finished with my Amortentia. It seemed the same as last time, and I was quite quick to finish it.

I took a quick sniff..

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -