Ch17|♡In His Arms

"Hey.. (Y/n)?" As you took the first step, the boy behind you spoke.

You turned to face him with a puzzled look.

"Yes, Ced?"

"I.." He gulped.

"(Y/n).. will you be my Valentine?"

"W-What?" You chocked out a laugh. "Alright, good one, you got me."

"I'm serious, (Y/n). I've liked you for a while now.."

"Cedric.."

-----

You planted on a soft knock on the wooden door in front of you.

"Come in."

"Hello, Professor." You yawned, sitting down next to him.

"It's past your curfew, Miss (L/n). Don't make me take away house points." He seemingly joked.

"You wouldn't dare do that to your favourite student." You joked, giving him a chuckle.

"Whoever said you were my favourite?" 

"I just know." You sent him a wink. "I guess you could say it's my sixth sense."

"You're being ridiculous, (Y/n). Why are you still up?"

You stayed silent as you stumbled through your words that were overwhelming your mind. Snape sat there, waiting for you.

"I don't know what to do, Professor. I need advice."

"What seems to be the problem this time? I'm sure coffee won't help again."

"It's Cedric.. again."

"How did you manage to get into a fight with Mr. Diggory again in a month?" He seethed, as the words spilled from his mouth in a scolding manner, causing you to pause.

"I'm sorry, continue. I'm just cranky from all the paper marking."

"Right.. well, Cedric confessed to me."

"WHAT?!"

You blinked a few times, staring at your professor, seeing him the most unhinged he had ever been.

He cleared his throat as he quickly fixed his posture and returned to his cold face.

"Go on."

"You're scary sometimes, Professor." You muttered out a laugh. "He asked me to be his Valentine but I told him to let me think about it."

"He asked you to be his Valentine when there's less than 2hours left until Valentines is over?"

"Apparently." You shrugged.

"Well? Do you.. like? Mr. Diggory?" He asked, pausing between, carefully choosing his words. "You two seem to have some unspoken chemistry."

"What? No! Cedric's just a friend."

"Then why don't you just tell him you don't have feelings for him?"

"Well I don't want to make him sad.. I also don't want to lose our friendship."

"It's no better lying to him, is it?"

You paused. Why was he always right.

"I guess so.." You murmured. "I'll tell him when I see him."

"Good. Now, go to bed before someone catches you at this hour."

"Walk me back then." You boldly joked.

"Beg for it." He returned the favor.

"As said earlier, you really do scare me, Professor." You laughed as he joined along.

"You have a point. Give me a moment. I'll walk you back after I finish marking this paper."

"Oh, I was just joking- you really don't have to."

"Quiet."

"Yes, sir." You immediately shut up.

Snape's marking took longer than expected, mostly because he was busy scowling at all the grammar mistakes the Third Year had made, causing you to chuckle at the sight of your Professor becoming so frustrated by a piece of parchment.

"Done." After a decent while, he finally put down his quill and was about to walk you back.

As Snape raised his head, he found you leaning against your hand, which was propped up against the table, sound asleep.

At this, he had no idea what to do.

Was he to leave you here?

-----

[Severus pov]

Well now what do I do. I should've just told the silly girl to go back by herself. I should've known I would take forever marking those dunderheads' homework. I shouldn't have cared, but yet I did.

And now I got myself into this mess.

I quietly examined her features, watching her hair fall beside her closed eyes, perfectly caressing her face. She looked so peaceful asleep like this, I didn't want to wake her up. Yet again, I couldn't leave her here. So I did what every person in their right mind wouldn't do.

I carefully drooped my cloak around her shoulders and picked her up in a bridal carry, carefully making my way to the Hufflepuff dormitories. Please don't let me get caught. Minerva should be on patrol today, if she catches me, I'll have some explaining to do to my colleague.

But then it hit me, what will I do when I arrive at the Hufflepuff dormitories? I certainly can't just walk inside. I don't even know the password! And what after? I can't bring her to her bed! There are other students in that room!

Merlin what have I done.

I was one corridor away from the Hufflepuff common room, and right outside the door, I saw Diggory sat on the floor. I remember (Y/n) telling me Diggory knew about our friendship, surely I can trust him?

"Mr. Diggory."

"Professor Snape!" He whispered a yell as he got up from the floor. "Have you seen (Y/n)-"

He paused as he saw the girl in my arms.

"Is she okay?!"

"Perfectly unharmed, just found her asleep and I didn't want to wake her. Please can you carry her to her bed?"

"Of course, sir." He looked surprised. I won't say I'm surprised. I'm not known to be kind usually. "Wow. (Y/n) really wasn't lying."

"Pardon?"

"You're a nice person, Professor Snape. (Y/n) talks about you a lot." I hope I'm not blushing.

"She does, does she?"

"She says you're actually really kind and just a broken man who needs love and care. She wasn't wrong."

I'm at a lost for words.

"I'm sorry for being out after curfew, I was worried where she went." Diggory nodded her head (Y/n) who was now in his arms. "Do you not want your cloak back, Professor?"

"I have plenty more in my private quarters. Let her have it for the rest of the night. Tell her to return it to me tomorrow morning, though."

"I will, Professor. Have a good night."

This boy just wished me goodnight. No student beside (Y/n) had ever done that.

"Goodnight to you too, Mr. Di-" I paused. "Cedric."

His eyes widened, but then he shot me a soft smile and left.

The things this girl does to us..

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -

A/N : 

This is a long one. Hope you all enjoyed it! <3 I'm going to cry myself to sleep now because I don't have a Severus in my life

Have a good day/afternoon/night!