Ch08|♡'Falling' For You

The girl stirred her potion slowly, watching the bubbles slowly start to disappear. Once ready, she gave a sigh of relief as she looked at the other students beside her. Half of them weren't even finished!

'Wow.. Professor Snape's tutoring really helps.' She thought to herself.

"(Y/n)? Done already?"

She turned her head to look at the brunette beside her.

"Believe it or not, yeah." She replied.

"Wow, I'm impressed." Cedric replied. Never in his right mind did he imagine one day (Y/n) would finish her potion before him.

"Thank you, Ced."

She stared once more into her potion as she gave a satisfied smile.

"(Y/n). Done already?"

"Yes, Professor."

Cedric gave her a questioning stare.

"Impressive. At least my efforts weren't wasted." Snape said.

"Trust me, they weren't." She replied.

"You may start packing while you wait for your classmates to finish." He added, finally turning away with a subtle look. But she could tell, she could tell that he was hiding a smile.

-----

[Snape pov]

I must say. She's far different from what I had expected.

She may be a troublemaker at times, but she's also a really good learner and listener. She just needs new ways to adapt and learn.

Though her potion wasn't best of the best today, I could see that she was following every step I had taught her beforehand during our tutor sessions.

"Five points to Hufflepuff." I murmured.

She did pay attention, and she did try.

"(Y/n). Done already?" I asked her as I walked up behind her.

That's when I came to realization, I accidentally called her by her first name.

Again.

I had a tendency of doing that for some reason. It makes us feel closer.. like we're friends.

"Yes, Professor."

"Impressive. At least my efforts weren't wasted." I replied

"Trust me, they weren't."

"You may start packing while you wait for your classmates to finish." I told her, finally turning away with a subtle look.

I believe I hid it good enough. Other students probably won't notice. Though I do believe, knowing (Y/n), she would've noticed that I was trying my very best to hide that smile of mine.

-----

[Yn pov]

Honestly, ever since that day after our tutor session, Professor had been calling me (Y/n) so much more often rather than (L/n).

It's not that I hate it, I just find it.. startling, I suppose.

I've also been able to witness probably what many wouldn't have imagined was possible. Professor smiling.

Honestly, it feels cursed to see. Let's be fair, though. I'm glad to see Professor being happy. He does tend to try hide his soft side and does his whole 'I'm cold and hate children' act, but he doesn't think he can fool me, does he?

-----

[3rd person pov]

Cedric and (Y/n) sat in the Hufflepuff common room once more, having a lage night talk like they used to.

Cedric admitted he missed having fun with her. He couldn't help but feel jealous that his bloody professor spent more time with his crush than he, himself.

"So.. how're you and Professor Snape?"

"Good, I suppose." (Y/n) replied. She really enjoyed Snape's company, but she didn't dare admit it to anyone else. Not even Snape.

Honestly, the feeling was mutual.

Snape enjoyed seeing her, looking forward to hanging out every Friday. He never said anything, but (Y/n) could honestly start to sense it herself. Of course, her house was losing an absurd amount of points already. Thus, the girl didn't question or tease him about it.

"You two are.. awfully close."

"You could say that. Why? You're not jealous, are you?" (Y/n) smirked.

"What, n-no!"

"Relax, Ced. You'll always still be my best friend. No one can replace you."

"Yeah.. yeah." He smiled.

-----

"Professor! Happy Fridays." (Y/n) greeted.

"Hello, (Y/n)." He replied with a light smile.

She returned him a cheerful laugh as she walked into his office.

"What would you like to go over today?" Snape asked.

"Hmm.. Liquid Luck?"

"Very well."

The two got started on study session, and truth be told, (Y/n) was getting better at potions.

"Hm.. we're missing a few ingredients. "

"In your storage cupboard, right?"

Snape nodded as the girl got up and headed over to the cupboard.

She looked around for an Ashwinder Egg and finally spotted one on a high shelf.

She stepped onto the stool and tried to reach, sadly still too short.

"Professor! Help!"

"What is it this time?!" Snape scowled light-heartedly as he headed over.

He stood behind the girl as he watched her helpless self, trying her best to reach the top.

"Get down, I'll do it."

"Thank yo-"

The stool tumbled, bringing the girl down with her.

When she came to her senses, she was now on top of her professor, pinning him down to the floor.

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -