Ch07|♡First Name Basis

"(L/n)! We went over this just last session!"

"We've had 7 sessions already, Professor! I'm not supposed to remember all this, am I?!"

"Yes, you are! You're in your Seveth Year!"

"My brain is still stuck in my first!"

I had been bickering with (Y/n) for the last 10 minutes. God, I knew she was bad at potions, but I didn't think she was THIS bad.

"You're not THAT stupid, are you (L/n)?"

"Yes! Yes, I am!" She yelled.

Honestly.. I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy tutoring her. She may be annoying at times, but she does have her good side to her, I suppose. It's like.. it's like she's not my student anymore..

It feels as if I just gained a friend.

-----

[3rd person pov]

"Ced, are you listening?" (Y/n) snapped her fingers one last time.

"Huh? What?" The brunette shot his head up as she stared back at the girl.

"Geez, I manage to take a break for one Friday to hang out with you, and you've been daydreaming for the past hour! What's wrong?"

Cedric's cheeks flushed a light pink.

"Nothing, I just.. was thinking."

"About?"

Cedric gulped as she stared into her eyes as they glistened by the crackling fireplace.

"Ced, are you in love."

"W-What?! What m-makes you think that!"

"Aha! So you are!" She laughed, watching her friend get flustered all of a sudden as he slurred through his words.

"I-I'm not!"

"What's she like?" The girl proceeded to ignore his protests as she kept on questioning about the girl.

'It's you, dummy..' Cedric sighed.

-----

[Yn pov]

"Well, aren't you awfully early today?" Snape questioned as I walked into his office.

"Sorry about that, Professor. I just have too many questions to ask!"

Professor sighed as he closed the door behind him.

"Go on, then. We don't have all day."

"Right." I replied, opening my textbook as I sat at my usual seat, opposite his desk.

Soon enough, I was firing constant questions at him, and he still managed to keep up. I knew he was potions master but wow. He was amazing.

The day passed by, and it was almost time for my leave.

"I think that's about it for today. Any questions?" He asked.

"Nope. All good, Professor."

"Good." He replied. "Coffee?"

"Sure." I got up from my seat as he did the same.

"No. I do it today." He said as he rushed towards the kitchen, dramatic cloak trailing behind.

"Thank you.. Professor." I giggled, sitting back in my seat. "Do you know my preference?"

"I believe I do. Though, I must say, I don't know how you make those cute latté art."

I chuckled a little in response as I watched the back of Professor Snape in the kitchen.

"My specialty."

Once he returned, he put down two cups of coffee on the table, one plain, one with a very, and I mean VERY, wonky and deformed cream bear.

"There was.. an attempt." I forced a smile, watching the monstrosity in my cup.

"Be kind, would you? It's my first time trying." Snape replied.

"Alright, alright! Sorry." I said, picking up the cup as I took a sip from the coffee.

"Wow. I'm surprised you got it right."

"It's like you say, attention to detail." Professor replied with a smug look on his face.

"Professor.. are you.. smiling?"

"What. No." His face immediately hardened as he stared into my soul blankly.

Well, isn't that nice.

"Mhm. Sure." I teased as I started packing up my books as well.

"Don't make me-"

"-deduct points from you again." I finished the sentence in sync with him, mocking his manner fully as I finally burst out laughing.

"(L/n)." He glared at me.

I shrugged, still hiding my laughs and giggles.

"Children these days."

"You say it like I'm so much younger than you are." I rolled my eyes at him as I took another sip from my cup.

"You are."

"I'm not THAT much younger. I'm 17."

"And I'm already in my 20s."

"21, to be exact. Honestly, though, you look much older than you are."

He shot me a questioning death stare as I stared back innocently.

"Your curfew is almost up anyway. You should go."

"Right. Goodnight, Professor!"

"Goodnight, (Y/n)."

I stopped in my tracks just at the door. I turned around and stared at the tall black figure who was still sitting at his desk.

"D-Did you just.."

"What?" He questioned.

"N-Nevermind.. I'll get going now. Goodnight."

With that, I stepped out of Professor's office and closed the door behind me.

Did he.. did he call me by a first name basis?

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -