Ch23|♡Good Girl

"Come on, (Y/n). Just a while longer." I ushered. The Hufflepuff was now drifting off into slumber on my desk during our tutor lesson. "You've got this."

"I really don't." She mumbled. "Goodnight, Professor."

"Wake up, (Y/n)!" I sighed. "You're nearing the end of the year. If you really want to be a Herbologist, you'll need to at least get an E for all your subjects. Now, pay attention."

The girl just shook her head, even though it was now facing the table and she had buried herself in her own arms. She let out a groan and continue slacking off until I forcefully had to pull her up by tugging on her hair, but making sure not to hurt her.

"Ow! What the heck, Professor." She groaned.

"You weren't listening to me." I shrugged. "Besides, I made sure not to pull forcefully. I apologize if I hurt you, though."

"It's fine, I guess. 5 minute break." She mumbled, falling back onto the desk. "Please."

She was practically begging for it, and I could sense her drowsiness. She had been studying hard the past month, and I was sure she could pass no problem, but she still needed to study regardless. This determined her future, and I certainly didn't want her to mess it up.

"5 minutes only." I sighed, shaking my head as I sat down opposite of her, starting to grab papers to grade.

-----

[2nd person pov]

"Nice of you to stop by." Dumbledore raised an eyebrow, holding the door open to let the girl in. "What brings you here, Miss (L/n)?"

"I wanted to talk, sir." You replied, not even bothering to sit down as you stood in front of the Headmaster's desk.

"By all means, go ahead."

"So.. I'm aware that the N.E.W.T.s are within a months time, and I'm aware I talked to Professor McGonagall about potential jobs a while ago." You started, giving a gulp before finishing your statement. "I was wondering what it would take to work here at Hogwarts as an assistant?"

"Why the sudden change of heart? I'm sure you're well capable of becoming a Herbologist rather than Pomona's assistant."

"I'm not looking to be a Herbology assistant, Headmaster."

"Well, Miss (L/n)." Dumbledore acknowledged. "What subject you'd like to assist for, then?"

"What about.. Potions, sir?"

-----

"Tomorrow's the big day, (Y/n)." Snape said, taking a sip of coffee. "How are you feeling?"

"Not that great if I'm being honest." You forced out a laugh. "I'm doomed."

"Just remember, if you get an E for all your subjects then you've nothing to fear." He replied.

"I'm afraid my standards have been pushed way higher now.." You murmured.

"What was that?"

"Oh. Nothing." You replied as Snape shrugged it off lightly. The stakes are high, (Y/n), keep it together.

-----

[Snape pov]

It finally came to the day of the Potions N.E.W.T.s  and students were all gathered in the hall. The only thing you could hear was the scratching of quills against parchment. Honestly, it feels great to know these dunderheads will be leaving soon.

I scanned my eyes across the room, watching each student furrow their eyebrows in confusion and I couldn't help but smirk. Potions is a difficult subject, only the best of the best can handle it with ease.

My eyes land on (Y/n).

Oh, how she sat there carefully reading each question and writing down the answer. She seemed to be doing much better than I imagined. I suppose my efforts are better off not wasted.

Oh Merlin, why isn't this too difficult? There has got to be a catch here somewhere.

(Y/n). Her voice echoed through my mind as my eyes widened ever so slightly.

Relax, (Y/n). You've got this. Don't let Professor Snape down. Don't let yourself down.

It hit me in an instant that I was hearing her thoughts. But how? I wasn't even trying to read her mind. Unless.. unless, of course, she's in such vulnerable state that her mind has been completely opened to those who wish to seek access.

Focus, (Y/n). Focus. I tell her.

Professor?! She seems startled. Shit. Have I forgot to shut my thoughts?

Yes, (Y/n). Shut them, and focus.

Yes, sir. Sorry, sir.

Good girl. I think, feeling her emotions and thoughts fading away.

-----

[Yn pov]

Damn. Oh, Merlin. That last sentence.

I don't think Professor was aware he hadn't tuned out yet, and I was still fully aware of his thoughts. I quickly shut my mind, steadied my breathing and continued on with my test.

I had to ace this. I just had to.

I couldn't let him down. I had to pass.

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -

A/N : Y'all. I made it. I survived and I posted! Let's go! <3