Ch10|♡Textbook Doodles

After a whole lesson of brewing, I finally finished with my Amortentia. It seemed the same as last time, and I was quite quick to finish it.

I took a quick sniff..

Nothing.

Phew. For a second, I had the fear of falling in love with the person I really didn't hope I liked. It's not that he's a bad person. It's the fact that he's my professor.

But I'm glad to know everything is fine and it was all a false alarm.

-----

[Snape pov]

(Y/n) stayed after class, walking up to me after the students left.

There was a clear mist covering the embarrassment in her eyes that she was trying very hard to hide.

"Professor.." She stuttered. I raised an eyebrow as I stared at her blankly. "Have you seen my textbook? I believe I left it in your office last night."

"Yes, you have, and it is indeed in my possession." I told her, seeing the unease spread across her face. However, I had more matters to attend to. "You finished the potion without your textbook?"

"Yeah."

"You remember everything?"

"Yeah."

"Well, I must say I'm impressed." I reached under my desk and took out the textbook she had left. "Don't forget it next time. It won't always be Tuesday tutors."

Our tutoring schedule was Tuesdays and Fridays after school. Saturdays I rarely see (Y/n) in the school, and I wouldn't feel like walking over to her classroom.

"Thank you, Professor." She replied and headed off to her next class.

I watched as Y/n walked out of the classroom. I sighed once the door closed and sat back in my seat.

This girl was driving me crazy.. she was setting off parts of myself I didn't even know still worked. The way she was so
easy to sympathise with, her personality was beautiful in its own light, and she made me feel more human again.

I was in love.

-----

[Yn pov]

I hurried out of the classroom, carrying my textbook in my hands.

I have never been so scared to look Professor in the eyes, let alone talk to him.

Things felt so awkward after what happened last session, I didn't know what to think. I wish I could just tilt my head and immediately be able to read his mind or something.

Suddenly, I bumped into a tall red head, and my book fell on the floor.

"Oops. Sorry, Gred."

"It's alright clumsy." Fred laughed, turning around to watch my helpless self.

I grabbed the book from the floor, revealing the first page. I stared blankly as I gave a few clueless blinks.

"(Y/n)? You good?" George asked.

"Y-Yeah! Just zoned out for a bit."

"You really are clumsy." He said again.

"No doubt." Fred added.

"Wow. Thanks, you two. And to think we're friends."

The three of us quickly gave a laugh and headed off to our classes.

The day passed by, and I finally returned to my dormitory.

Honestly, I couldn't focus at all in potions today. Thus, I grabbed my notebook and decided to revise today's syllabus.

Unexpectedly, something on the cover page caught my eye.

'Do I look like that? -S.S'

There was a message under my little scribble. I drew that there when I was trying to draw Professor's face on my cover page. Before you say anything, no, it's not creepy. I do that with all my textbooks as a little sign of appreciation to all my teachers without them knowing.

But to think Professor Snape himself had seen it. Oh boy.

My cheeks flushed a scarlet red, just the thought of him finding out was enough to make me flustered for no reason at all.

I swear. What is happening..

-----

[Snape pov]

Ever since the incident, (Y/n) had not talked to me in a while, ignoring me often and always finding excuses to skip tutor sessions.

I really, really miss seeing her.

Today was Friday, we were supposed to have tutor before she cancelled on me last minute, just like last week..

During class, though I was teaching, I glimpsed at her every now and then, noticing those dark eye bags beneath her eyes, laying simply over her expression. She seemed out of focus and it was painfully obvious.

"(L/n). Answer to question 3?" I asked.

The girl shook lightly, immediately waking from what seemed to be a daydream.

"W-What?"

"The answer?" She replied me with silence.

"5 points from Hufflepuff. Detention 7pm sharp for not paying attention."

Hufflepuff students mourned once more, though some stared at her concerned seeing she usually got in trouble for being mischievous. I was also beyond worried, seeing the state she was in.

"Sir, I really can't. I-"

"No excuses. I expect to see you tonight."

"..yes, Professor."

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -