Ch18|♡Him

"Good morning, sleepy head." Cedric laughed, watching you rub your eyes as you entered the common room.

"Good morning." You yawned, now in your Hufflepuff robes. "What happened last night?"

"What were you? Drunk?"

"What, no! Goldfish memory." You retorted.

"Yeah, yeah." He laughed. "You left after I confessed, and I have no idea where you went."

That's when you recalled the events of last night.

"I went to find Professor Snape and fell asleep. How did I get back?"

"He carried you all the way, I assume. Also, that robe you woke up next to isn't yours." He gestured towards your body. "It's Professor's cloak."

"Eh-?" You breathed. "EH?!"

"Yeah. He said you seemed cold in the dungeons." Cedric simply stated.

"No wonder it seemed bigger than usual."

"He said to give it back to him by morning."

"Alright, thank you, Ced!"

-----

"Good morning, Professor!" You walked into Snape's office right after you saw him leave the great hall during breakfast.

"Good morning, (Y/n)." He greeted, stacking a bunch of papers on his desk and tidying everything up.

"Class starts in a few minutes, but I had to give this back to you." You said, handing over the cloak. "Thank you for last night, Professor."

"You're welcome, (Y/n). Now, run along now. Don't want me to give you detention for being late, do we?"

"No, sir!" And with that, you hurried off to Charms.

-----

"Glad to see you're not late." Cedric laughed as you stopped right next to him, panting from all the running.

"Oh, shut up." You laughed breathlessly.

Just then, the classroom door opened, and everyone went inside to start class.

Professor Flitwick assigned you all a bit of writing by the end of the class and gave you all 15 minutes to do so before the lesson ended.

"Pst, (Y/n)?"

"What?"

"Who invented the Cheering Charm?"

"Felix Summerbee, right?"

"Is it? I thought it was Filius Summerbird." Cedric muttered as you stared at him with a stunned face. "What? I told you I was bad at Charms."

"Yes, but I didn't think you were BAD bad." You laughed quietly. "Besides, Filius is Professor Flitwick, you dunderhead!"

'Dunderhead?' Cedric thought to himself. He knows he's heard that phrase somewhere before..

He glimpsed at you one last time, seeing your side-view, focused on your paper.

He stared carefully, somehow watching his crush and best friend slowly morph into someone he's not quite familiar with any longer.

She's changed. He tells himself. She's changed because of him.

She hasn't changed FOR him. She changed because she's been WITH him.

He's uncertain if he's correct. But he's certain she doesn't know if he's correct either.

He knows. He can tell.

What are friends for? He thinks. He thinks, and he thinks. That's when everything dawns and realization strucks him like lightning.

He's fallen for her. But she's fallen for someone else. And she, herself, has no clue.

-----

"Hey, um.. Ced?"

"Yes, (Y/n)?" He asked, lifting his head but his eyes still glued to the book in his hands.

You watched the boy, opposite of you on the couch, comfortably slouched as he gave his head a slight tilt.

"Earth to (Y/n)?" He laughed softly. It felt weird. He was being strangely nice and calm about everything that had happened recently.

"Huh? Sorry, what?"

"Staring is rude, y'know?" He teased, focusing back on his book as he turned a page. "You were saying?"

"I uh.. about yesterday.."

"What about yesterday? Did something happen between you and Professor?"

"No I, uh.. wanted to talk to you about your confession." You finally came clean. Was it a bad call? You weren't sure.

Finally, Cedric sighed as he put down his book, closed it and set it aside, putting his full focus on you.

Fixing his posture, he stared at you with his hazel eyes. As time went on.. and on.. the eerie silence was making you uneasy.

"Go on." He finally laughed. "I'm waiting."

That caught you off guard.

"Well.. I was just wondering why you never seemed to care after last night? Did something happen? W-Why aren't you questioning me like you used to. Did I do something? I'm so sorry if I did, I swear-"

Cedric gave you a blank stare as you went on, eventually breaking out into laughter.

"Are you.. are you laughing at me?"

"What?! Heavens, (Y/n), no!" He wheezed. "Everything's fine."

"Then.. then-"

"(Y/n). Relax. I just didn't bother asking because I already got my answer." He smiled.

"What? But I didn't even-"

"I know. But I can feel it. And honestly, I'm cool with it if you don't like me back."

"Cedric.."

"What? I'm okay. I promise." He shrugged. He looked geuine. "I can tell you like him. I can visibly see it in your eyes."

"Him..? Who?"

"Well, let me put it this way for you." He thought for a moment, leaning forward and giving you a smirk.

"He's kind. He's pretty. He's got beautiful eyes, and his personality is respectful and addicting, his smile worth millions." He trailed off, studying your face. Watching your eyes slightly grow as you bit your lip.

"Cedric, he and I are just frie-"

"Ah ah ah, stop right there, hun." He cut you off. "I didn't say a name. But he popped up in your head, didn't he?"

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -

A/N :
School has been canceled today because of poor weather, so I get the time to write >:)

I hope I get to be as active as I am currently once school starts. Wish me luck and good luck to all of you who are studying/working/both!

Love you all so much <3 until next update

-xoxo, Yoshi out