Ch12|♡Apology

Just as the girl got out of the bed and steadied her steps, she caught a glimpse of the tall man by the entryway.

"(Y/n). You're awake."

"Yeah. I am, Professor."

"How.. are you feeling?" He questioned, looking down at his feet as he slowly walked forward.

"Better, thank you." She shot him a small smile.

Snape bid her a nod as he uncomfortably shifted he eyes around, scouring the Hospital Wing.

"Are you okay, Profe-" Just before the Hufflepuff could finish, Snape cut her off.

"I'm so.. so, SO sorry, (Y/n)." He replied.

"Uh.. what for, exactly?"

"Everything."

"Professor Snape? Apologizing? I think you're high."

With that, he immediately shot the girl a glare.

"Not the time for a joke?"

"N o ."

She giggled lightly at the sour expression across her professor's face, receiving a light chuckle back from him.

"I'm alright. No worries." She said softly.

"Could I possibly interest you in a cup of coffee?"

"I thought you'd never ask."

-----

[Yn pov]

Sitting down at the chair in front of the desk, Professor put down a cup of coffee by my side.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." He replied.

I stared at him as he slowly sat down in his own chair and started sipping from his mug. It was.. different.

The usual mug he uses most was a navy blue one with white polka dots imprinted. This one was.. black. Pure black.

He clearly noticed my questioning gaze as he slowly placed down his cup.

"It's broken."

"What happened?"

He stayed silent.

"Let's say.. a little incident from last night occurred."

I thought back to last night, and finally, I remembered.

I broke the cup.

I broke it during my fall.

"Damn it.. I'm so sorry, Professor." I whispered, barely loud enough for him to hear.

"Don't be. I overworked you." He said, giving a weak sigh. "I was being an ass."

"Glad you realized." I mumbled.

"Again, I apologize. I'm not the best at.. feelings."

"Feelings?" I asked.

Professor shifted uncomfortably in his seat, and his eyes remained glued to the ground.

"Let me tell you something." He finally spoke up.

"A long time ago.. there was a boy at Hogwarts. He wasn't good at communicating or anything, thus resulting in him being.. well, bullied." He said. "He fell for his childhood friend. But sadly, the girl chose another. The girl decided to get together with the boy who would torment him day and night at the school."

I stared into his onyx eyes, watching him from the opposing side of the desk.

"He never learned to love after that. He never expressed emotion normally. That boy.." He sighed.

"You." I finished his sentence.

He looked back up at me, locking eyes with me for a split moment. Though, quickly, shifted away.

"You made me feel loved. Someone who I can trust. Someone who I can rely on. You made me feel as if.." He suddenly paused as I gulped.

"As if I've gained a friend." I said in sync with him.

I loved having Professor Snape as a friend. I was glad he felt the same. I smiled at him as I took another sip of coffee.

"You know.. I never meant to overwork you. I just missed spending time with you." He told me.

"I haven't been exactly a good friend either. Regardless of my busy schedule, I made you feel left out." I replied.

Yes, it's true I avoided him for weeks. I had to focus on myself and regain control of my emotions. Heck, I was also overwhelmed by work.

"Do you think.." He trailed off.

"Think what?"

"Think you could come down here for coffee sometime again?"

My eyes glistened lightly even in the dim dungeon room.

"As friends. To relax and to talk." He said with a warm smile.

"I'd love to."

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -

A/N :
This book is getting cheesy. Thank u for the support <3

xoxo, Yoshi out <3 (until next week!)