Ch11|♡Overworked

"Sir, I really can't. I-"

"No excuses. I expect to see you tonight."

"..yes, Professor."

-----

I started making a mess in my room. I threw potions all over the place and unorganized the cupboard.

If anyone else saw me, they'd think I was drunk or crazy.

Truth was, I was crazy. Crazy for her, sadly.

-----

I opened the door after receiving a knock.

"Professor." She said, looking down at her feet.

"You're late, (L/n)." I said coldly as she walked inside.

"I know. I told you I was busy. Sorry."

"That's no excuse." I told her, sitting down at my desk as I started grading papers.

"Professor.. your room.." She uttered. She finally noticed.

"It's a mess. I know." I replied as she continued looking around my office. "Go on. Start cleaning."

"All of it?!"

"Yes."

"That's going to take forever!"

"Exactly why you should start now."

She sighed lightly, starting to pick up potions from the floor.

To be honest, I did feel bad. But this was the only way I could see her for as long as I hoped to.

As I graded the papers, I took glimpses of her once in a while, though making sure to do it subtly so she didn't realise.

She then went into the storage cupboard to tidy it up once more, but this time, it took her longer than expected.

The first time she came here, she finished in 15 minutes or so. By now, 30 minutes had passed, and she was still in there organizing.

"Hurry up, (L/n)." I scoffed. I didn't need her to know my intentions. Liking her was already bad enough.

"Y-Yes.. sorry, Professor." She replied as a sigh escaped her lips.

She finished up quickly and started mopping the floor.

"You left a spot."

"Sorry."

"It's not clean enough."

"Sorry."

"Clean the cauldrons too."

"Yes.. sorry."

"Help me organize my paperwork."

"Yes."

"(L/n), you've messed it up! Do it all over again."

"I- ..fine. Sorry."

By now, it was far late and her curfew was almost up. It was sad to see her have to go, so I gave her one last task of the day.

"Make me coffee, and then you may go."

"Professor, please. I'm really tired-"

"Go."

She scowled lightly and headed inside.

I continued grading the papers as I felt (Y/n)'s presence.

Finally, I had looked up at her properly for once throughout the whole day. That's when I finally realized her eye bags. Her emotionless expression. Her slumped back. Her wobbling legs and trembling hands.

Maybe.. I had overworked her.

"Thank you, (L/n). You may g-" But before I could finish my sentence, (Y/n)'s eyes shut tight and her whole body grew weak, making her collapse right in front of my desk.

I immediately shot out of my chair and rushed to check on her.

She was lying unconsciously on the floor, the coffee spilled everywhere along with my mug which was sadly broken now.

But that didn't matter.

"(Y/n)? (Y/n)! Wake up, this isn't funny!" I shook her as hard as I could, wrapping both my arms around her.

"(Y/n).. I did this to you.. I'm so sorry."

I pulled her up and put her in a bridal carry, rushing out of my office and bringing her to the Hospital Wing.

"Hang in there, (Y/n).." I muttered. "I can't lose you.."

-----

[Yn pov]

When I awoke, I was greeted by the pure smell of cleaning alcohol and a ceiling of beige-ness.

I was in the Hospital Wing.

"Ah, you're awake."

"Madam Pomfrey." I greeted, helping myself up to sit up on the bed.

"Take it easy, dear."

"Yes, thank you." I replied with a polite smile. "If you don't mind me asking, what happened?"

"Well, I'm not sure what happened, but Professor Snape carried you all the way here. You seemed to have fainted from overworking." She said. "Dear, have you been getting enough rest?"

"Yeah. I'm okay."

"Well, today's a Saturday. You may leave if you want to."

"Alright, thank you."

"Anytime, dear."

Just as I got out of the bed and steadied my steps, I caught a glimpse of the tall man by the entryway.

"(Y/n). You're awake."

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -