┏°⌜ 088: Autumn

Carla was a very good cook and her food was extremely tasty.

As the four of you enjoyed dinner, you had small talk with them.
You've learned that Carla is a waitress, but has the dream of opening her own small restaurant in the future.
Grisha is a Doctor, which was nothing new, but he expects Eren to follow in his footsteps and become a doctor too. Eren didn't say much in general, but when Grisha talked about 'My son will be a great Doctor too, just like my father and grandfather' he didn't looked very happy about it. Seems like he disliked the idea of becoming an doctor.

Zeke, Eren's half-brother, lives in Marley with his mother Dina (Grisha's ex-wife). He is good in sports, especially baseball, and is a teacher.

You still tried to act normal and were interested in every little fact or Info they told you.
You wanted to ask so many questions, but you didn't want to seem weird. Unfortunately you couldn't ask any questions about Mikasa and Armin since you weren't supposed to know them.
Maybe Eren never met Mikasa and Armin here?

"It was delicious as always honey."
Grisha said while letting out a heavy huff, sounding like he was full and satisfied with the food

"Oh yes, it really was good! Thank you for the inventation!"
You smiled politely

Carla chuckled and waved a hand dismissively.
"Oh, it's no trouble at all. I'm just glad you all enjoyed it."

Grisha turned his attention to Eren
"You should learn a thing or two from your mother. You are living on your own for almost a year now but still don't even know how to boil an egg..."

"Tch"
Eren now looked pissed
"I know how to make sandwiches..."

The Doctor let out a sigh and shaked his head
"You can't eat only sandwiches for the rest of your live, son. If you don't want to take cooking lessons from your mother, maybe ask Armin then."

As soon as you heard Armins name,
your curiosity was piqued.
So Armin and Eren still do know each other, that is good to know. You kinda felt relieved now.
However, you reminded yourself that you weren't supposed to know about him, so you discreetly kept your curiosity hidden.

Carla, sensing the tension in the room, quickly interjected. "Oh, come on, Grisha. Eren is an adult now."

Grisha grumbled but nodded in begrudging agreement. "Fine, fine. Just make sure you don't starve yourself, Eren."

Eren rolled his eyes but didn't respond, focusing on finishing his meal instead. The conversation transitioned to other topics, including Carla's dream of opening a small restaurant and Zeke's accomplishments in sports.

You listened avidly, eager to learn more about each family member. There was an underlying sense of tension and differing desires. However, for now, you kept your questions to yourself, content to enjoy the meal and the company of this complex and fascinating family.

As everyone was now finished eating, Carla was about to get everything clean.

"Please let me help you with the dishes."
You asked while collecting the plates

"Nono, I don't need help sweetie. But I appreciate your offer."
She giggled, looking at her son who was talking with Grisha on the other side of the room
"I hope my son made a good first impression. He sometimes seems so distant or even rude, but he's a good boy. Maybe you two can become good friends! As you are new here, he could help you out learing more about this place and meeting more people."

You smiled warmly at Carla, touched by her kindness and openness. "Thank you, Carla. Y-yeah Eren is nice and I would be happy to befriend him. He seems like a good person, and I'm excited to get to know him better."