Chapter 17

Choco was lying across the top of the stairs, eyes closed. She had her hand across her lap like she was sleeping in a fairytale, but the blood on and around her showed it was no fairytale.

It was a horror movie in HD.

Amethyst's throat choked up and her vision blurred. Choco couldn't be dead. She knelt beside her friend and felt someone next to her. Wiping her eyes, she looked over to see Ty.

"I know how you feel. That feeling when you know your best friends dead, but want to deny it, that feeling when you feel like you could have done something about it, but also that you couldn't." He said. Amethyst stared at him. She then remembered Adam. The despair that he felt when his best friend died. She looked away and hugged Choco. For once she didn't want to help. She didn't want to gather evidence. All she wanted to do was spend time with her friend.

"Amethyst. You need to help find evidence." Zek said to her. Slowly she got up and went downstairs, as everyone was searching the second floor. The first thing she noticed was blood near Choco's door, which was weird. She then noticed a pink stain just under, and she opened it, glad it was unlocked.

This was more... violent. Brown fur in clumps decorated the room, and pink blood covered one side of the room. One of the pictures, one of a angel praying into darkness, had fallen down, and Amethyst picked it up to see it covered with blood and fur. Dropping it quickly, she ran out of the room. That was enough blood for her, especially from her friend. She ran up the stairs to her, she wanted to spend more time before she had to go to the trial.

"That's enough Investigation Time. Will everyone gather in the lift at the end of the hall to go to the Mansion Trial!"