Chapter 3

Once the coast was clear, Amethyst got up, shaking all over.

"Is Jerome going to kill someone?" She thought. Quietly and quickly she went up the stairs, wincing every time it made a noise. She went into her room and lied on her bed. A few seconds later she sat upright, realizing something.

Duskie was gone.

Dawn was lying down at the foot of the bed, curled up asleep, but Duskie was no where to be seen. Suddenly a scratching noise came from the chest. She opened it and Duskie was inside, a rope around his mouth, as if to keep him quiet.

Why was he in there?

Did she put him there?

Did he get trapped their accidentally?

Or did someone put him there?

She took the rope off and he started barking, waking Dawn up. She heard loud footsteps coming from just outside and before she could act Amy and Choco burst in. They looked at the two dogs, Amethyst, then back to Amethyst again.

"You have dogs with you?" Amy asked.  She junped back as Duskie growled at her. Choco however shrugged.

"She is Superstar Level Animal Tamer, Amy. I wouldn't be surprised if she has some sort of pet." She said. Despite her words Amethyst could tell she was also surprised. "Anyway, the boys told us to call you for dinner." Choco said. Amethyst remembered seeing Jerome and shuddered.

"Are you ok? We can tell the others if you don't want dinner."Amy said.

"No, it's just a bit cold in here. Let's go." She said and got up. Telling the dogs to stay, she ran down the stairs.

Amethyst gasped in wonder at the amount of food on the table. There was fish, which Choco, Stampy and Jerome were eating, lots of cooked meat, which everyone except Choco, Stampy, Jerome and Amy were eating. Gizzy refused to eat the steak, as he said it reminded him of something, and Amy just ate the baked potatoes, as she said she didn't like to eat meat. Jerome asked Gizzy for the 500th time why he didn't eat any of the steak, and he rolled his eyes.

"Why do you just eat raw fish?" Gizzy said.

"Hey, Its what a Bacca eats!" Jerome answered, grinning. He ate another fish, as if proving his point.

"Tell you what. I'll eat steak if you do." Gizzy said. Amethyst noticed a slight smile on his face. She had an idea what Gizzy was going to do, but didn't say anything.

"Ok!" Jerome said and grabbed a piece of steak. Gizzy took another piece of the meat, the grin slightly more obvious, but Jerome still hadn't noticed it.

"3. 2. 1. GO!" Jerome said. He bit into the meat and spat it out in disgust. "Eww,  yuck! I can see why you- HEY!" He yelled. Gizzy was holding his side's with laughter, the brown meat on the table, uneaten. Amethyst was laughing too, as she had guessed correctly what he was going to do.

"I'm not eating it. I guess I was a dirty, cheating bacca!" Gizzy said between breaths.

"Thats our thing!" Mitch cried.

"Well played buddy. Well, I think I'm going up to bed now. That steak made me lose my appetite." Jerome said. He left the table and ran down the corridor. The group waved slightly, cheered up by their antics before eating again.

Later, Amethyst lied in bed, thinking about the day. No one had been murdered... and that was a good thing. Maybe everyone was going to actually work together to escape Herobrine's Mansion.

"I hope so." Amethyst thought, smiling. She drifted of into a light sleep.

Amethyst was woken by ferocious knocking at her door. Sleepily, she opened it to find Adam pounding on it. Ian was a few feet away, watching with a hint of a smile on his face.

"Amethyst! AME- oh, your here."  Adam said, abruptly stopping as she opened the door.

"Yeah. And next time just quietly knock on the door please." She said. Ian rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

"Sorry, it's just, I found someone! Dead!"  Adam said, fear in his eyes. Amethyst 's eyes widened in shock. Someone murdered someone? It was just last night when she thought they could all escape!

"Where?" Amethyst asked.

"In the kitchen. Me and Adam went to grab breakfast when we found it. We need someone else to activate the alarm." Ian said.

"Why me?" Amethyst asked suspiciously. For all she knew, this could be a plot to kill her.

"Well, all the rooms are alphabetical, and yours was the first." Ian said.

"Come on! Let's go!" Adam said and ran of down the corridor, Ian and Amethyst following shortly after.

Soon, she began to smell the reek of blood and death. When they were just outside the door it was even worse. Adam placed a hand on the door, and took a deep breath before opening it. All three of them looked in.

"Ding dong! A dead body has been discovered. There will be a short Investigation Time before the Mansion Hearing!"