𝟷𝟸 || 𝚂𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚕

Start from the beginning

I rolled my eyes as she went inside, leaving me alone. As I planned on an escape from this place a certain red headed man could be seen walking towards the gates, "Perfect," I smirked before running after him. "Abe! Hey Abe, wait up!"

He glanced back with a smirk, "What's up Little Lady?"

"Just wanted to check up on yea'," I flashed my teeth. "How's the construction going?"

He shrugged, "Pretty fine so far but we've got a lot of work to get through still. Some of these bastards can't even lift a 2x4."

I hummed, "Yeah. Yeah, that's good... need any help?"

His brow raised, "Excuse me?"

"I was wondering if you wanted any help? I mean I can't really lift that much still but I could be like a Foreman or something. I hear they don't do much," I tried to convince him.

But it seemed as if my charm wasn't good enough as he chuckled, "Shouldn't you be in school or something?"

"Who needs school when I can learn actually important things from my best buddy," I playfully punched his side. "Plus who doesn't like to boss around some people, eh?"

He looked down at me with a smirk, "Your best buddy that's still in shit because he gave you a beer."

"Hey, it was a good beer," I grinned, still trying my best to convince him.

"And that good beer put me on Rick's shit list. I'm on cleanup duty for a month, kid," his smile vanished as he still used his playful tone. "So get yer' ass to school before they put me on night watch."

My face slightly scrunched up as he gently pushed me aside so he could join the rest of the construction crew. My hands went into fits as I tried to control my anger. I hated school. For it was just like before.

All the kids looked at me funny thanks to Shane. They thought me being upset with the curriculum was weird and my takes on society were a little "appalling". Besides Enid, the girl who only spoke in grunts and had also lived on the outside, I don't think any of these kids could handle it out there. Especially considering I watched Ron clutching his stomach after our jog the other day.

Stomping towards the stupid garage I suddenly caught sight of another familiar face. My smile brightened as I went to try and speak to her, "Sasha! Hey, Sasha wait up-"

I didn't even get to speak before she had grabbed the top of my head and forced me to turn around, "School. Now," she pushed me towards the house before walking off.

Hell, I didn't even get to question it as I felt another presence behind me. Glancing back I could see Michonne in the distance, in her very flattering officer uniform, holding up my backpack. I let out a scoff as she held it up in the air for me to grab.

"You're evil. You know that?" I grumbled as I dragged my feet towards her.

Her smirk never wavered, "Evil and proud," she chuckled as I snatched the bag from her fingers. "I packed you lunch. It better be eaten when you get home."

"Have I ever turned down food before?" I deadpanned as I placed the bag over my shoulder.

She simply chuckled as she pushed me towards the garage, "Good luck and please try to be a little more friendly with those kids. They're gonna be around for a while."