Ch. 39 || The Night Mission

Start from the beginning

The Hunters have all the access to the government's nasty secrets and courtesy of Cade, we have all the data of every single human living on this earth. All saved in a device Cade invented. He truly is a genius. God of technology to say.

"Obviously. Anyway, I'll take my leave now. My girlfriend is waiting for our date tonight. By the way, congratulations on your wedding." Liz offered her hand for a handshake and I shook my head in no and refused it.

Retracting her hand, she muses, "Thia. I'm sure you definitely don't ever have to worry about your little sister's relationship. I mean just look at him, he didn't even make any eye contact with our female team members tonight. He's entirely faithful, which is absolutely admirable."

Though I appreciated the compliment, I did not give an emotion of kindness in return. My face is cold as always. She is new to the team, she still needs to learn a lot of things about me. It's another thing that I have recently learnt to smile only when my wife is around.

Liz said goodbye to Thia and left, leaving me and Thia alone. The silence is awkward before I speak.

"Did she tell you -" before I could finish my sentence, she walked past me.

"Sorry but I don't have time for people like you."

People like you. She really is Zaria's sister. No doubt.

"Don't mind her." Nico said, walking towards me.

I ignore what he said and ask my own question. "Did you leave fake evidence to make Clark the scapegoat?"

He nods yes. "Yeah. Heavy evidence and his followers did believe it."

"Good." I say. I killed Ralph just yesterday. In a church like I had promised him on that call after the family dinner.

My plan was to just simply kill him but he mentioned zaria, he lingered around her in the club so i had to spill his blood on the cross as he begged god to save him. I laughed how he thought god would save him when ralph has tortured, raped, and killed women. Disgusting stupid folks.

⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅

My steps are heavy on the marble floor of New York's most elite, luxury grand hotel. The Achlys Grand, established by my grandfather.

It's past dinner time now. I keep my walk slow because the gun wound still hurts. I wouldn't have jumped back to actions right after my accident if there weren't women who need to be fucking saved first. I can take care of my wounds later.

I walked towards the hotel wing which is specially all closed for tonight for the event. Ralph and his fellow friends were going to have their sick rituals with these women in Ralph's hotel, but since he is dead now, I convinced them to perform this event at my hotel, by pretending I'm one of them. A sick bastard like them.

They had a hard time believing me but eventually, they were convinced. They're not aware that I'm the hunter but they're scared of me anyway because 'Damien Erik.' has the same ruthless reputation.

As I walked in the wing, where not even the staff wandered, I quickly made a call to Leonard Balker. He picks up on the second ring.

"I don't have much time. Speak." I say.

"Okay, so my man recently informed me that the sword kept in the vaults is fake. The original one is moved to someone's house. Someone named Alfred. He is friends with the owner so..." he directly talked about the business without any unnecessary questions about why I'm getting my hands into this kinda stuff.

"He is a priest. A licensed hypnotherapist. When he was 35, he found a place which is very similar to an ancient place called 'Kallistar' that existed centuries ago. The description matches well. I have sent one of my men to look for Alfred. You asked for the sword, if we find him, I'll have the sword delivered to you. "