9- Dinner

Aru's Pov:

"Di..sha! ...Ma'm" SHIT. What. How.

I might almost get admitted in a hospital right now watching how my brain is not trying to process anything that's happening in my life right now.

I watch her watch me with the same disbelief in her eyes, her lips part apart as if she wants to say something but she's unable to. While everyone were watching us with curiousity in their eyes, just then a pair of little hands wrap around my thighs and I look down watching another familiar face. Oh my.

It's the same mischievous kid on that day of flashmob. Disha finally came forward to hug me with a huge grin on her face while everyone were watching us cluelessly. I hug her back whispering "Why didn't you tell me on that day.. Ma'm"

"Sssh, my name is Disha not Ma'm" she whispers back breaking the hug

"Oh so looks like we were destined to unite as a family" Mr Adani laughs as he invites us in without wasting any other minute. How do wealthy people manage to fake themselves so well, I thought.

I proceeded in to see a broad living room that is nearly equal 2 huge playgrounds. With plenty of custom wrought-iron work, crystal chandeliers and gold leaf detailing inside, the mansion is every bit as spectacular as it appears from the outside. And then the hall leads to a huge staircase in between that has nearly 50 steps to reach the top. As I rotate my head I could easily spot 10+ rooms on the top and everything is so bright and mesmerising. Almost every inch of the property is draped in gold with muraled walls. It looks insane. I've never seen something like this before. They lead us to the dining area that is equally beautiful and elegant but it isn't as huge or as small, it's simply perfect with a huge crystal chandelier on ceiling falling from the top of the table. Whoever designed this mansion has a keen of taste cause it doesn't just look like a huge mansion, it feels like a home too.

Every detail is elegant and no piece of furniture here is boring. This place screams royalty. But I need to calm down right, I was done gawking at the details as a lady voice interrupts me "You look as beautiful as moon, dear" Mrs Adani says and I give her back a smile

I already feel so drained of the stress from past few days but I need to get used to this by now

"Meet our family. We are a joint family of 10" the old woman continues introducing their names but I see Disha's smile drop after hearing the old woman's words but she quickly masks it off with a smile again. Is something wrong?

"I'm Shweta Adani, Shikhar's mother. That is your mother in law, Falguni. On the left it's my second son, Prakash and his wife, Shalini.. next to them are their children Arjun and Naina who's mostly called as Nunnu. On the right it's Disha the one you already know, Shikhar & Falguni's eldest daughter. And her son, Ishaan. This is our beautiful family. And now you're kindly welcome into our family, Aradhya. Oh and you can treat me as your own grandmother" she ends introducing the whole family and she sounds like a sweetest human. But I didn't miss out watching my grandmothers nostrils flaring after hearing the last sentence. But to remember the names of the family members I'd nearly take weeks.

"Nice to meet you all, My name is Aradhya Sharma. This is my father, Nitesh Sharma and my mom, Niha Sharma. My elder sister, Aditi and last but not least my most favourite person from the family my grandmother, Roopa. This is our little family. Thank you for having us today" everyone from our side gave a genuine smile in return.

They don't look as bad as I thought they'd be at least.

I realised Grandmother said that there are 10 members in the family but I could only count 9. Oh. I forgot the purpose of why I'm here for a minute.