2- Flash Mob

Aradhya's Pov:

"Did you get the dress for tomorrow's event?" she asks making me snap out of my fantasy world.

"What dress?" I question back being confused.

"ARU? OUR FLASH MOB!" she screams in a disbelief tone.

"OH SHIT-"

Sometimes I feel like there's a stone that's stuck in my brain since the day I was born for my forgetful nature because how can I forget about the flash mob? It is supposed to be one of the memorable event. I don't have any dress right now and the event is at morning so I can't even go buy one.

"Okay, don't worry I have an extra dress which I bought for my birthday, I'll send you the picture and let me know if you like it. Just come in the formal wear a little early in the morning and you can change in our college rest room." Simran said as if she already read my mind and that's why I love her, she always has my back. I wish I could just go and hug her right now but the distance between our houses screamed "NO HONEY"

"Are you an electrician? Because you're definitely lighting up my night. You're my sweetheart my treasure my honeyb-"

"Ewwww Aru, shutup and the cut the call now" she cuts me off saying that and I burst out laughing. Later we talked a bit and ended the call.

I open the WhatsApp to check the notification from Simi hoping that it's something comfortable. And what I see is something just what I was hoping for.

 And what I see is something just what I was hoping for

God. Simple yet comfy yet beautiful. No doubt Simi has the best taste in style. I text her that it's perfect next to 10 kiss emojis.

*
I woke up with the sound of bhajans from TV coming from the living room as always while groaning myself back to sleep only to realize I've to be in college by 9 AM. And I immediately open my sleepy eyes to check my phone to see the time, it was just 6AM. I can now release my breathe which I've been holding from past 3 minutes.

I took a quick bath, wore formal jeans pairing white baggy tee and got downstairs. I was about to have the breakfast when my adorable grandma stopped me suddenly which made me flinch and dragged my ear till I could reach her.

"Take this, keep it with you and buy chocolates on the way and don't tell your mom" she whispers while keeping 200 rupees in my hands like a secret service agent.

"Why don't you keep it with you and buy a kiddy bank and store your billions in it Mrs Billionaire Singh" I narrow my eyes and shook my head in disbelief at how this woman can never change even though I was craving for chocolates.

"Can I interrupt granddaughter and grandmother's secret talks?" comes my dad out of nowhere

"No! Leave us alone Nitesh." says my grandma with a frown face.

"Unfortunately I've to go now guys, I'm already quite late and I'll be coming late to home today."

"Not without giving you our forehead kiss Miss Singh" says both dad & grandma. I smile and take my forehead kisses.

"Keep SPOILING her with that love! One day she'll runaway with a man and you guys won't be giving any so called forehead kisses!" screams my jelly sister while I was wearing my sandals out of the main door where she can still see me and I kept my tongue out to tease her and then ran to catch the bus before it gets late.

*
I called Simi after I reached the college and she said me that she's on the way so I was just waiting in the corridor of our classroom floor for her to come. I was watching people gathering to the location from the 2nd floor since it was already late.. AS ALWAYS. No wonder why Simi is my bestfriend infact she's worse than me. Since my childhood, no matter what the event was I've always been late to everything and I've no idea why.. No, my "smart" brain is definitely not the reason.

It was 9:10 AM and I started walking back and forth in the stress when I bumped into Simi and this woman was panting like a hungry dog on the other hand.

"THANKGOD!" I say while giving her a thumbs up saying that everything's okay and she rushed me to the restroom to get changed.

While we were running to the restroom, a sudden thud reached my ears only to realize I was laying on the ground like a dead lizard and my face sticking on the ground.

"Ouch" the late realisation hit me when my elbow ached while Simi was trying to make me get up.

As I got up I saw a small kid who fell on the other side of me. Omg. Poor little boy was crying. Me and Simi went to pick him up.

"Are you okay dear?" I whisper slowly as I got down on my knees to his level.

"It's okay, nothing happened. Take this chocolate." I gave him a chocolate from my bag to make him stop crying and it worked. He stopped crying but I turned to see around if I can see his guardians but they were nowhere near to be found. I noticed he was catching a wallet in his hands. How can someone be so careless to leave their child alone. Simi gave me a worried look too.

"Where are your parents dear?" I gently asked him as I stood up.

Out of nowhere he kept that wallet in my hands and ran away smiling with the chocolate that I gave him. We started panicking. The clock was ticking on the other hand for the event. We started running back of him again with that wallet in my hand which I didn't realize that I was carrying, thinking flash mob can wait.. the child need to be handed over to his guardians.

"Hey STOP!" I yelled but this mischievous little kid didn't seem to look convinced by my scream but the people around us surely did. I'm sure some of them even thought I sound like a frogs "quack".

My steps came to a halt when the God in human form showed up.

"What's wrong Aradhya?" Farhan Sir asks in a worried tone.

"Sir, that kid that's running awa-" I stopped while pointing to the baby boy when I realised he was nowhere to be found. OH MY GOD.

"Farhan, did u see the kid that was running away just a while back?" Simi asks him curiously.

Yes you heard it right, Simi & Lakshit call him by his name as we are very dearest to him. He was once my neighbor and he treats us like his own family and he was someone we could trust with our eyes closed. He always used to tell me not to call him sir but I'm so used to it now that he has given up telling me.

"Yes I did. I know him and his parents, I'll make sure to keep him safe. He'll be in our buildings premises only. The guards are everywhere in the college right now and they will take him in. You guys don't have to worry. And what's wrong with your outfit Aradhya? Are you not coming to Flash Mob?" he says as a breathe of relief surpassed both of us. But then I remembered about the kind of avatar I was in and how I need to get changed asap.

"SHIT- Sorry sir I'll be back" I said while running back to restroom catching Simi's hand.
________________________

Heyy my beautiful cockroaches!!🪳
How are y'all doing?

I finally got time to update. Please let me know how's it! I know it might be lil boring but I promise it only keeps getting better. 😚

SPOILER ALERT: Mr Devil shows up in the next chapter🤪

Please don't forget to vote and I'll try to update soon 💕
- Yours Miss Vorfreude 💋