🌸Twenty ~8🌸

Start from the beginning

I tried to fight back but as mama is always mama, she told us to stay put and it will die down soon and it did when they found out that we don't care about it. We might not care but i know how much mama is going through, her husband is behind bars and she only sees him once after three months that's three times a year.

I arrived five minutes to 8 and we were having Mr Charles. He doesn't allow anyone in his class the moment he gets in, no matter how in a rush you came to school from anywhere. The fact that you are late, you are not coming into his class.

The class ended in a blink, it was boring no doubt. I was just going through my phone, chatting with Khalifa and other guys while listening to the lecture from time to time.

I was seated under the tree, waiting for the so-called Khalifa. He is presently in 200 lvl as me in nile university, and khadija is in Base. In our crew, I am the only one that is in a federal school.

"Holla!" My course mate Habib greeted me walking towards me. "Wassup guy!" We shook hands while he stood before me. He asked why I was sitting there and not leaving and I replied. "I am waiting for someone!" I said.

"Ohkay, anyways did you get your ticket for dinner?" He asked. I totally forgot that there was anything called dinner to celebrate the Passing out 400 level. I shook my head. "No, how much is it?"

"5000 from 100 level down to 300, then the 400 lvl pay 10,000."

I gasped. "5000 bro, for dinner? What are we going to eat there? Just biscuits and fanta!" I asked sarcastically.

He laughed. "You ai, you are more than 5k!" He said.

I nodded. "Ameen!"

"Say na Ameen, anyways that's for the ticket, you let me know when you need it. The deadline is next week monday!" He said and I nodded, checking the day and date on my phone.

Today is wednesday the 23rd of August.

I told him I will think about it and he said that the outfit is a casual suit and it just turned me off. I don't need a suit. Neither do i have to pay 5000, something i should have saved to make a living. I chuckled at my stupid thought and dialled Khalifa's number, he picked immediately. "Bro! I am at your gate, come out?" He said. "Did you come with your car?" He asked immediately.

"Yes and why?"

"Oya come out with it, i will tell you where we are going!" He said before ending the call. I sighed before walking to my car as some girl approached me. She's dark skinned and smallish. She wears baggy outfits with her vail in 360°, wearing medicated glasses or not.

"Abdul, do you have a minute?" She asked. That's Zafira! She is my course mate and I've known her for as long as she is getting clingy around me. She is so loud and clumsy, she is always around the guys and she isn't my type.

"Sorry Zafira, maybe some other time. I need to catch up with someone." I said, before she could say anything, I hopped into the car, started the engine immediately and drove out. Outside, I met Khalifa standing by the road alone. Alone? He said he wanted to show me something.

***
Khalil walked into the restaurant, looking around to find Maryam, she had said that they should meet here at 11am sharp but he hasn't even seen a glimpse of her. What the hell is she wearing? He hissed, turning to his left. Maryam was waving at him on the fifth row, wearing a black Abaya and a pink jersey veil.

I hate this woman.

"Ibrahim, over here!" She yells. Khalil was about to take another step forward as he froze on his heels.

What the hell did she just call me?

Did I hear well?

He was getting agitated, he hated being called Ibrahim even by mistake, reason to only he knows and no one else but what is with Maryam this time around. He hastened his pace towards their table, pulled out a chair and sat on it with a thud. Glaring at her, he asked. "What did you just call me?" His voice was deep and serious.