Chapter 26

We get 2 small time jumps.

Tywin interacts with his grandchildren and finally has an honest conversation with Jaime. Lyanna, Jaime and Tywin let the entire court know some of Baelish's confessions. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

                                                            Jaime Lannister (34 years old

                                                            Jaime Lannister (34 years old.)

3 weeks later.

Tywin looked at the two babes in the cribs and could not help but smile. He had two legitimate heirs, this was his legacy, the future of his house. He had been coming to the nursery almost every day to see his grandchildren, mostly very early in the morning so he would not encounter his son. He still had issues looking Jaime in the eye, they did not speak much. Jaime spent most of his time questioning Baelish and with his wife and children. Tommen was another constant fixture, he spent a great deal of time with Lyanna, Jaime, and the babes. Tommen was taking his job as older brother very seriously, it made Tywin wince every time he thought about Tommen being Jaime's natural son.

One of the babes started fuzzing, his small arms moving and waving around. Tywin was not sure what he should do, he had only held the babes a few times and always in the presence of Lyanna. Tywin had not held too many babes in his life and he had never attempted to calm one down. But Edwin did not seem like he was going to calm down anytime soon without a bit of help so Tywin picked him up. Edwin blinked, looking a bit questioning at him and Tywin smiled once more, pressing the babe against his chest.

"You are one lucky babe." Edwin stretched his small arms and opened his mouth, almost as if he was yawning. "You have amazing parents, they are loving and caring, and they will protect you no matter what. They will be better parents than I was. Do not tell this to anyone, but I am not the warmest person. When your grandmother died I was so hurt that I withdrew from everyone, including my children. I was not there when they needed me, but your parents will be different." The babe blinked slowly. "You will also be the Lord of Casterly Rock one day, you will rule the West."

"I believe he is still too young to rule the world yet." Tywin turned his head, feeling his cheeks heat up when he saw Jaime standing by the door. His son moved closer, lifting an eyebrow. "You should wait until they are at least four before attempting to get them to conquer Westeros."

"How long have you been here?"

"Long enough to know you wanted my youngest son to know he will one day rule Casterly Rock." Jaime moved to the crib, lifting Tyrek and pressing him against his chest. "I do not even want to imagine what your plans are for Tyrek."

"I do not have any plans for them." For now at least. The babes were their hope for the future. Tywin hoped that he would be a better grandsire than he had been a father. "I just wanted to make sure they are well."